• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Combine Sieve Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
My chaffer (top sieve) finally fell apart and now I'm looking for a replacement. The old chaffer couldn't hold out for three more days til the end of corn harvest, could it.

Does anyone have experience with a "Harvest" chaffer made in Craik, Sask.? The lightweight plastic fingers sound like a good idea, saving a lot of bounce on the shoe frame.

The fingers are shorter than the John Deere chaffer, so I'm wondering if they have the same capacity.

Got the new plastic chaffer sieve into the combine yesterday and my first impression is very favorable. Very lightweight to handle, compared to the all- steel original. Huge capacity in a heavy corn crop. Very easy to adjust.

Might not be a good comparison to last year though, as that crop was heavy and wet with this year's being heavy and DRY. MOst guys are dumping it into the bin without drying it. Moistures are running from 16 to 20 %, which is almost unheard of in our part of the world.

Latest posts