• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Come a fair rain last nite

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Sure got everyone around here in a better mood,first decent rain we have had since September of last year,just caint get caught up on the rain deal,pretty pitiful to be feeding hay in April and May around here,but that's what it takes to hold em................maybe the weather broke now,sure be nice see some grass :D
good luck

Well it waited till about 9 am to git with it here. Was perdy ruff there for a bit, Tornado warnings and all, said one was on the ground about 20 miles east of here. We got lots of thunder and lightenin, and right at 2 inches of rain. Sun is shinin now....and the humidity has set in, but weather folks are sayin there is another line comin that should be here by mid evenin.

It's supposed to roll in here by tonite....tomorrow for sure!!

Been kinda grey, cold and dreary all day here.

I got more hay to cut....it's needs to back off a bit.!!

TXTibbs said:
Got just under an Inch at my house East of Bandera! My yard was brown when I went to bed....green when I woke up and I'll prolly have to mow when I get home this evening!!! :lol: :lol:

I was watchin it on the radar last nite,was thinkin yall got some good rain over there.
good luck
PS Is Ted still in the office ?

kolanuraven said:
It's supposed to roll in here by tonite....tomorrow for sure!!

Been kinda grey, cold and dreary all day here.

I got more hay to cut....it's needs to back off a bit.!!

Be careful Kola,dang weather can get violent at the drop of a hat this time of the year.................good luck

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Well it waited till about 9 am to git with it here. Was perdy ruff there for a bit, Tornado warnings and all, said one was on the ground about 20 miles east of here. We got lots of thunder and lightenin, and right at 2 inches of rain. Sun is shinin now....and the humidity has set in, but weather folks are sayin there is another line comin that should be here by mid evenin.

They got tornado warnings posted for the Hill country,was on the back porch takin a lil nap and weather woke me up,makin more noise than a hair lipped hombre tryin to whistle his dog up.
good luck

got a good rain on sat and monday here but isn't tropical not even thinking about haying for a couple of months at this rate. omg i think it just hit 50 degrees here time to shed the jacket shorts tee shirt weather :lol:

The second line hasn't got here yet....but radar looks like it won't be long till it gets here. Think I'll turn this contraption off and head myself off to bed. Turn the a/c down low...so it gets good'n cold in here, that away if the power goes out...maybe it'll be cool enuff to last a while :wink: LOL

It has been unseasonally cool and wet here in central Ky. Temp was about 65 today and more rain. We now are over 10" ahead of avg for rainfall, hard to believe that at the beginning of November we were 13" below normal. All winter we have been saturated and cool. Seven day forcast is calling for more of the same. Hay was very short this winter and this is not setting up well for this year. We can't seem to go more than 2 days without some moisture. I know we will wish for rain come July but this is downright depressing.

The second line hasn't got here yet....but radar looks like it won't be long till it gets here. Think I'll turn this contraption off and head myself off to bed. Turn the a/c down low...so it gets good'n cold in here, that away if the power goes out...maybe it'll be cool enuff to last a while :wink: LOL

Turning AC on..... :shock: :shock: I've still got the furnace running!!!!! We're suppose to get a shower tonite,,and it might the wind has picked up so it might blow something in....(thinking still about the AC)..lol

Rained alnite around here,almost tempted to get the flashlite and check the rain gauge,but I reckon I,ll do coffe first.............the rain is sure welcome around here hay fields were already lookin better at sundown yesterday...................good luck

So far I haven't turned on the AC in this house.....YET!!! I'd say after this wk and these rains....I'll have to turn'em on, and watch the money flow out!!!! :( :( :(

kolanuraven said:

So far I haven't turned on the AC in this house.....YET!!! I'd say after this wk and these rains....I'll have to turn'em on, and watch the money flow out!!!! :( :( :(

As long as Google keeps doing well, it shouldn't matter. :wink:

Soapweed said:
kolanuraven said:

As long as Google keeps doing well, it shouldn't matter. :wink:

Oh, it matters!!!

The day it doesn't matter to me.....will prob be the day I drop over dead in my tracks!!!! :lol: :lol:

HAY MAKER said:
TXTibbs said:
Got just under an Inch at my house East of Bandera! My yard was brown when I went to bed....green when I woke up and I'll prolly have to mow when I get home this evening!!! :lol: :lol:

I was watchin it on the radar last nite,was thinkin yall got some good rain over there.
good luck
PS Is Ted still in the office ?

Got another quarter inch last night. And no Ted hasn't been in this office now for 3 years. He went to El Paso, but is fixin to retire and move back to Boerne I think. There was a guy named Daryl in here between me and Ted, but he died about a year ago.

Well, up here 35 miles north of Tyler we have been getting a lot of rain, over 3 " this week. Problem is it's been too cool for the grass to really take off. It's pretty muddy right now. I came so close to rolling my pickup over yesterday it's scarey to think about. Even with 4wd I was having trouble getting out of a low place ( should have known better, diesel pick ups won't mud anything like gas engines). I decided to make a gradual decent down grade to get up enough speed to climb to higher ground. Was making good progress until I hit a concrete culvert that I didn't know was there. Dropped the front end in about a 3 foot hole. Had I hit the hole with the down hill wheel unstead of the uphill wheel, she'd a laid over like a hound in the warm sun. Had to walk about a mile to get my tractor and neighbor. Got it drug out with minimal damage. If one of my kids would have done that I'd wondered what kind'a idiot I'd raised :oops:

I would'nt worry about the cool efb,it'll get hot as you know,that's a given in Tx.
I wound up with 1.9 inches looks like its heading south now,havent heard what we got down there yet....................good luck

A/C has been off and on here for the last 2 weeks. We've had a few days that were up to 90. Yesterday was perdy warm after the sun came out after all that rain.
It started rainin sometime durin the night and we got another inch added to the 2 we got here yesterday.

Out at the pasture there was only 1 3/10 in the guage yesterday, but I haven't gone out there yet today to see how much landed last night LOL

checked the ranches in McCulloch this morn and poured out 4.5 inches since Friday and a couple of the tanks were plumb full. Just received a little over 2 inches here in Brown but still very much welcomed

Latest posts