• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Coming Together

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I'm starting to get some bulls lined up to market this spring. My partner on the deal is putting the website together. You won't find any breed leading epd's but you will find good sound cattle that we've selected that will do a job for a commercial man and any pb breeders that aren't afraid to use proven cattle. If any of you have a bull you think might work let me know and we'll get together. I'm finally my own sire selector so I can't bitch about the bulls any more. I'm pretty pumped about the whole deal to tell the truth.

Nope I doubt I'll market many bad footed wild cattle-ABS and Genex can pimp them to their hearts content. The guy I'm doing this with is a bear cat on feet and legs-it's going to be fun. I'm pretty much only concerned with the commercial side of the deal anyway.

do you own an interest in the 552 son?

be interested to see what if any horned hereford bulls you find/found/carry. I located some semen on a direct son of Andy that I am going to try and get here (no US semen on him). A few guys I have a great deal of respect for have said he was probably the best son of Andy and never saw the light of day - spent his life on a ranch in tuff country. The only son of this bull to end up at a registered outfit came here - used him for 10 straight years and I will get AI calves by this spring - can't wait really. I ran into an old bull customer in December and mentioned these AI calves coming and his eyes about popped out of his head. He has epd's that would make most guys laugh - but has awesome pfg's.

If you ever drive by Tompkins, Sask - turn south 1 mile east of the truck stop and cross the old railroad tracks and look for some hereford bulls about a mile or so down that road off to the east. I saw one of the best looking 2 year old bulls I've seen in a long time out breeding a shitload of black cows. One of his older bulls was home raised back to a F-R I just can't remember what off the top of my head - seems like 8020 x. He has a pretty decent coming two year old bull there too I like.

your new project sounds like fun - post a link to your website when you get it going

Hereford 76 I have to get down your way to pick up Ty's saddle from Farmington-I'll stop in and visit. It's not really on the way but I'm famous for big detours. Andy sure did Fraser's alot of good-are you asking if I own an interest in Lad or the 552 bull himself. There's no more 552 semen up here that I know of and I own all of the 8020 as far as I know. Darcy I'll meet you at Coronation-we can use your knowledge setting this deal up. Most commercial guys I know want good sound predictable cattle-the sore footed wonder number bull thing has about run its course.

Faster horses said:
Be sure to post the website, NR. This is going to be sooo interesting...for
you as well as us!!
We need a heifer bull to AI these heifers to and I
haven't chosen one yet.

i agree FH, interesting indeed :D

Ditto...... I'm really interested........
I know of a couple pb angus breeders one has a bull that will bring more money if bred to or from this bull... I've set on the bleachers and watched it take place a dozen times.... And the other is going another route with crossbreeding that might be worth-while... I am willing to gamble.

was asking about the lad bull you had pictures of on here - an interest in him - maybe i was wrong about hiim being 552 son. i was just curious

as in farmington ND - that would be one hell of a detour. i'd have to say save it for another trip.

I own the Lad bull outright-Genex just leased him from me but that will end soon-Ty got the saddle in Farmington but it's in P'wood at my friends place so not too big a detour.

I'll swing by your place on the way down. What do you think of this idea-a comment section on each bull but your sales receipt number is your password to participate-it will cut down on the raiolbirds who will n ever do 5 cents worth of business pontificating.

Herfeord 76 I need directions to your place I might head south next weekend if your weather settles down a bit. Pure Country I'll probably be at Dylan's next Thursday-then I'm heading to Fraser's to check out some older bulls. Murray wasn't sure on the export status of his 60B semen if it's U'S qualified I'll be a happy camper.

We'll be in Strathmore Thursday at Calgary Stockyards. 50 of our cows are going through the ring, mostly purebreds. Gotta cut back so we can put more time into the farmer's markets and our own store; not to mention buy feed.

Latest posts