• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Communist China and another reason for COOL

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MoGal

Reaction score
Rat meat sold as lamb

http://www.naturalnews.com/040182_rat_meat_China_lamb.html

Labeled US Honey b ought from China

http://www.naturalnews.com/040264_honey_laundering_China_food_fraud.html

Tainted China food

http://www.naturalnews.com/040266_food_fraud_China_heavy_metals_contamination.html

Now, if they exported honey to another country which exported it to the US.... don't tell me they didn't export that "lamb" to another country and then the US..... and what about all the dog food companies that bought that "lamb" and advertise it as lamb for your precious doggy???

Since the guy writing the newsletter shows how many products of China ARE labelled, but the label isn't included when they re-package the raw materials.....and that is in ORGANIC companies!!!!

So, how would COOL do anything to rectify that situation? What products besides meats does COOL affect?

For that matter, what good does COOl do other than to insult our best trading partners, Canada and Mexico? Countries with inspection and quality rules equivalent to ours, BTW.

It must be pretty difficult to determine what part of an animal is truly USA bred, born, etc. when Breeding Stock are sold back and forth, feeders are sold back and forth, but much of the FEEDING is done in the USA. Ownership when sold may be from any of the three countries when sold and processed in the USA, isn't it?

What consumers HAVE told panels asking what they want from the beef industry (meaning from conception to consumption, IMO) is they would like to know the FARM/RANCH of origin, not just the country. Country would be obvious if they know the ranch, wouldn't it?

But, of course, proponents of COOL did not want to be identified as producer of meat. COOL had created such and unnecessary mess, alienating our best trading partners, making cost of processing and ultimately of beef, higher. THANKS, R-CALF, NFU and other cohorts.

MoGal said:
Rat meat sold as lamb

http://www.naturalnews.com/040182_rat_meat_China_lamb.html

Labeled US Honey b ought from China

http://www.naturalnews.com/040264_honey_laundering_China_food_fraud.html

Tainted China food

http://www.naturalnews.com/040266_food_fraud_China_heavy_metals_contamination.html

I've eaten plenty of rat. It's actually quite tasty.
gray-squirrel_555_600x450.jpg

MRJ: if honey can be exported to another country and then imported to the US as that country's origin.... I'm quite sure they have done it with other items as well. I won't buy fruits/vegetables from Mexico because of the high risk of salmonella. When I can make my own colloidal silver and soak the produce in it to kill virus/bacteria, I might not be so picky, but Mexico's use of human waste as fertilizer does not appeal to me. There's no value to a human life in China and our FDA is just about as bad. I want to know where my food is coming from.

Whitewing: My mom was born and raised in England and came over here in 1954. She always said the rat was part of the rodent family and wouldn't eat squirrel for that reason. Mom fried it up for us and cooked the old squirrels in mushroom gravy and it sure was yummy. Squirrel brain was as good as pork brains, but I'd be afraid to eat either nowadays. Been a long time since I've had squirrel.....

Aren't honey bees pretty finicky, and easily killed by unfavorable conditions? I've been told that the honey produced is free of bad things, but that honey, even in the USA can be mixed with other substances, or even made without bees. But I believe that isn't legally sold.

But it seems counterproductive for people to be shipping something so heavy as honey from country A to Country B to Country C (USA, for instance) before selling it. If only due to the high ship ping costs one would have into a product really isn't consumed in large quantities anyway.

All that said, we sure do enjoy the honey produced by our local guy who has locations in NE and TX, and sometimes in CA as well as here in SD. I know we wouldn't be using as much as we do if all we could get was what is in the stores.

mrj

MoGal said:
Whitewing: My mom was born and raised in England and came over here in 1954. She always said the rat was part of the rodent family and wouldn't eat squirrel for that reason. Mom fried it up for us and cooked the old squirrels in mushroom gravy and it sure was yummy. Squirrel brain was as good as pork brains, but I'd be afraid to eat either nowadays. Been a long time since I've had squirrel.....

Squirrels most definitely are in the rodent family. There are actually a number of "new world" rodents that I would eat and I'm sure would be quite tasty. Old world rats are generally disgusting.

Here's another "rodent" I've eaten. A number of them were kept on Avery Island in S. Louisiana back in the 40's but escaped during a hurricane. They're now all over SE US and expanding their territory every year.
nutria_critter.jpg

When I can make my own colloidal silver and soak the produce in it to kill virus/bacteria, I might not be so picky, but Mexico's use of human waste as fertilizer does not appeal to me.

It happens here continuously as well. You do know what "Milorganite" is?

China - actually I do not give a damm about COOL - it goes far beyond that - unfortunately most folks in the western world chose to ignore the problems this country brings to us.

The fact is people in the western world are trading with a very dangerous country. And the US of A is in dire straights when it comes to China. China literally owns most of the US of A debt.

China has an ultra modern army, navy and air force, they have a nuclear weapons program, they have a space program - and yet ......

They have human rights violations up the hoop, they have people hungry in the streets, they are continually rattling their swords about Taiwan, they are one of - if not THE largest sources of world pollution, they have every known food disease, they imprison without restraint anyone who even thinks differently than the approved method, they ship contaminated food around the world and recently CNN reported - "China destroys the ancient Buddhist symbol of Lhasa City in Tibet"

I have always stated categorically that in my opinion China is the greatest danger to the western world - yet we continually pander to them and to their economy.

Without the western world China would collapse.

BC

Whitewing said:
MoGal said:

Squirrels most definitely are in the rodent family. There are actually a number of "new world" rodents that I would eat and I'm sure would be quite tasty. Old world rats are generally disgusting.

Here's another "rodent" I've eaten. A number of them were kept on Avery Island in S. Louisiana back in the 40's but escaped during a hurricane. They're now all over SE US and expanding their territory every year.
nutria_critter.jpg

You Cajun's will eat anything. I remember some conversations you and RobinFarmandRanch used to have. :shock: :lol:

Speaking of RF&R, do you still keep in touch? He hasn't posted in years.

gcreekrch said:
Whitewing said:
MoGal said:

nutria_critter.jpg

You Cajun's will eat anything. I remember some conversations you and RobinFarmandRanch used to have. :shock: :lol:

Speaking of RF&R, do you still keep in touch? He hasn't posted in years.

Weirdest thing I ever heard cajuns (coonasses) eat were baby egrets out of the nests in the Atchafalaya swamp..............

They poled a boat around and gathered enough hatchlings to make pot full of Egret stew. Ew.

Mike said:
Weirdest thing I ever heard cajuns eat were baby egrets out of the nests in the Atchafalaya swamp..............

They poled a boat around and gathered enough hatchlings to make pot full of Egret stew. Ew.

A stew full of egret would be a stew full of regret. :roll:

Soapweed said:
Mike said:
Weirdest thing I ever heard cajuns eat were baby egrets out of the nests in the Atchafalaya swamp..............

A stew full of egret would be a stew full of regret. :roll:

A young, small egret could be called a "Pregret". :shock:

Whitewing: That looked like groundhog?? If so, my grandma (born back in 1904) used to say a young groudhog was the best meat ever.... she preferred it over anything else.

Love these fear stories about food from "communist countries. LMAO

Rat ----- or North American Capitalist LOL beef laced with ractopamine, hormonal growth promotants and anitbiotics.... HMMMM

If the rat was running around outside of Monsanto's lab and not inside - I think I would choose the rat.

Hugz Randy

:)

Latest posts