• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Congratulations Nebraska for using more computers!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

pointrider

Reaction score
"USA Today, Monday, 8-1-05, Across the USA

Nebraska: Grand Island - Nebraska's farmers are more likely than the rest of the nation's farmers to use computers for business. The U.S. Department of Agriculture said 41% of the state's farms use computers for business, a 3% rise from 2003. Nationally, that figure rose 1% in the same period, to 31% usage for business. Two-thirds of Nebraska's farms have computer access compared with 58% nationally."

Even though I know that a lot of farm and ranch operations are part-time, "non-professional" operations, it still amazes me that more don't use computers in today's world. How do you keep up with performance records and accounting data these days without a computer?

Once again, congratulations Nebraska!

pointrider said:
"USA Today, Monday, 8-1-05, Across the USA

Nebraska: Grand Island - Nebraska's farmers are more likely than the rest of the nation's farmers to use computers for business. The U.S. Department of Agriculture said 41% of the state's farms use computers for business, a 3% rise from 2003. Nationally, that figure rose 1% in the same period, to 31% usage for business. Two-thirds of Nebraska's farms have computer access compared with 58% nationally."

Even though I know that a lot of farm and ranch operations are part-time, "non-professional" operations, it still amazes me that more don't use computers in today's world. How do you keep up with performance records and accounting data these days without a computer?

Once again, congratulations Nebraska!
I would go a little further and ask, "How does ANYONE keep up with the World these days WITHOUT a computer?

Example: A couple of days ago I was seeking information on "Foot Rot." I tried several subject titles - no luck. I finally hit the correct words as a title, and :eek: Voila :D - 70 - count 'em -70 - different articles or publications on the subject :shock: If you have a question about ANYTHING you can find something about it on the computer!

Another example: I got printout last night on Endura Kura Clover. It says "This may be the most exciting NEW LEGUME of the century!" May be - may not be - but as least it is a possibility, and I'll bet someone who reads this post will be interested in it! Or SHOULD be interested enough to explore the possibilities.

If any Farmer or Rancher reading these posts on their computer doesn't have a computer - get a computer! ( Little humor there :lol: )

...naw, there was a LOT of humor there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just want to caution you on one thing. Just because it is on the INTERNET does not mean it is so. Anyone can put anything on the internet...doesn't have to be factual...so check the sources carefully.

Faster horses said:
...naw, there was a LOT of humor there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just want to caution you on one thing. Just because it is on the INTERNET does not mean it is so. Anyone can put anything on the internet...doesn't have to be factual...so check the sources carefully.
Exactly - that is why I indicated that it may be or it may not be. BUT - - investigate the possibilities. If you never try - you never learn. There are a lot of goofy things on the internet. (Boy - don't we ALL know THAT?) Be skeptical, be questioning - but don't be so closed-minded that you miss a gold mine by stumbling over a yellow rock.

By the way - investigate this website: http://www.ampacseed.com/clover.htm

For whatever it's worth.

By the way #2: Do any of you Square Dancers out there know what a "Yellow Rock" is?? Let me know if that sounds familiar to you!

DOC HARRIS

chuckie said:
"do-si-do" around a gold nugget??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NO, that is NOT it! Try again! :lol: :lol: :lol: ( I was a Square Dance Caller for several years, if that will help you at all! :eek: :eek: :shock: :???:

DOC

Latest posts