• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Connolly Saddles

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs

Reaction score
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
Wow honestly never done it before but looked at the stamp on the back of my grandpa's old saddle that I have that I grew up riding in and it is stamped Jack Connolly, Livingston Mont.

I found the following very interesting and detailed article on these famed Connolly Saddles.

Anyone else have stories or anything to add about these saddles? Im not sure if the saddle stamps are suppose to show up in the article or not where it says, but I can't see them.

http://www.yellowstonecountymuseum.org/upload/File/The%20Connolly%20Saddles%20in%20Billings%2050-78.pdf

http://www.vintagegunleather.com/company-marks/connolly_history.html

Here's a link to some more information on Connolly saddlery including some of the maker's marks.

thanks for posting this. I have one and will go check it better for the exact makers mark. I got it from who I believe was the original owner. He was a friend when I was a kid.

I just acquired two Connolly Roping Saddles, in great condition, how do i find the date they were made? And does anyone know their value? They were made in Billings, Mt. both are stamped, in leather.

I would like to see a few pictures of these old saddles if yall have a few handy.
good luck

tam501 said:
I just acquired two Connolly Roping Saddles, in great condition, how do i find the date they were made? And does anyone know their value? They were made in Billings, Mt. both are stamped, in leather.

Don't know anything about your saddles but wanted to say welcome aboard! Redding Ca. is a long way from here but I spent the night in Redding a couple of times while on west coast trips. Beautiful country!

TXTibbs said:
HAY MAKER said:
I would like to see a few pictures of these old saddles if yall have a few handy.
good luck

I live just up the road from you, so bring the whiskey and have a peak at 'er.

ooooooooh that almost sounds dirty! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

thanks for the invite, next time i head to Bandera if you are around Ill stop by and say howdy, take a look at that old saddle.
good luck

Latest posts