• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

contaminated meat at Walmart

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
Apparently, Wal-Mart in China has an issue because the Donkey meat they are selling has been adulterated. With Fox.

Wal-Mart has just recalled donkey meat products from some of its stores in China because tests have found them to be contaminated with fox meat.
Donkey is a delicacy in northern China. Fox is not.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-...onkey-products

You just thought that getting horse meat in your burger was a bad thing. Imagine having to deal with this. I'm sorry, but if you are buying Donkey meat from Wal-Mart in the first place, I'm not finding much sympathy for you.

Try to avoid buying any ground meats at Wal-Mart. You just never know where it's been or what is in it, and this just confirms my suspicions that way.

Puts a whole new meaning on a foxy piece of a$$ don't it?

Wallmart just bought another ranch in BC in the last week. Quilchena has been in the same family for over 120 years. I guess the current inheritors would sooner play with the money than see it flourish for another generation.

https://www.facebook.com/DouglasLakeRanch‎

Not much that does not end up on the table in China - feeding a billon plus people is not always easy.

Would not be surprised if even two legged animal meat was sometimes mistakenly or otherwise added to the meat counter.

Anything for a buck.

bc

Puker.gif

Puts a whole new meaning on a foxy piece of a$$ don't it?
Just what seasoning would you use on that ?.........Some kind of rub I suppose

jigs said:
Apparently, Wal-Mart in China has an issue because the Donkey meat they are selling has been adulterated. With Fox.

Wal-Mart has just recalled donkey meat products from some of its stores in China because tests have found them to be contaminated with fox meat.

You just thought that getting horse meat in your burger was a bad thing. Imagine having to deal with this. I'm sorry, but if you are buying Donkey meat from Wal-Mart in the first place, I'm not finding much sympathy for you.

Try to avoid buying any ground meats at Wal-Mart. You just never know where it's been or what is in it, and this just confirms my suspicions that way.
China is the country where the U.S. chicken is to be processed so our wholesalers can make more $$. Could be real interesting in due time.

bllcattle said:
jigs said:

China is the country where the U.S. chicken is to be processed so our wholesalers can make more $$. Could be real interesting in due time.
gonna be a good time to eat nothing that did not come from your own land

As soon as wallmart eliminates most of their competition they'll feed us what they want and clothe us as they please and the majority of consumers will have to like it.So keep on patronizing them!!!!

Been one in Williams Lake for about 5 years. Went there once, didn't buy anything and haven't been back. Rather do business with the Mom and Pop shops in town that I know.

We are so lucky over here for what we get to eat. I encourage you all to discuss this with someone who has been over to the those poorer Asian countries and ask them what the people eat. I have a friend who spends time over there training search and rescue. He has told me several time that roaches and other crawly creatures are eaten all the time. I think I would be tickled to eat fox or donkey and not have to eat a roach, or whatever else they find to eat.

Latest posts