• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Continuous fence

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aaron

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place (in Canada or Northern US) that makes continuous fence? I know of one place in Manitoba that sells 24' 6 bar sections for $9.95 a foot. Was wondering if that is basically the going rate or if any other dealers are out there. Would like to redo the outer perimeter of the corral fence and replace wood with steel.

here here are somany types of continous fence that you need to be csrefull what you buy. There are a couple of places that sell some decent fence for 90$ a 20' section.

Liberty Pipe out of Great Falls, MT makes a 20 ft continuos fence panel. We can get them over here in WA for $113 a panel. The have a website if you search Liberty Pipe.

We have some back at my families ranch in MT and I have a small corral made out of it here, but these panels came from Luco in Kansas. There real nice panels and makes putting a corral in real fast.

Haven't heard from you for awhile there sic em reds-- Hows that cute little aunt of yours doing?

Pretty good I think. I haven't talked to them for about a month. Things have been slow back home as my uncle was in for radiation treatment this winter for prostate cancer. I think she went out on some DNRC fire crews, but had to be home enough to worry about him.

sic 'em reds said:
Pretty good I think. I haven't talked to them for about a month. Things have been slow back home as my uncle was in for radiation treatment this winter for prostate cancer. I think she went out on some DNRC fire crews, but had to be home enough to worry about him.

Well when you see her say Hi from over this way.....Hope all works out good with your uncle--she deserves a few good things to come her way in her life......

sucker rod is great not so easy to get in nw ontario. trucking can get a little high to make it worth the trip have to haul more than needed unless a few guys can get together on it. aarron check your pm and get back to me.

Crow Valley Panels in Briggsdale, CO has 20 ft. 5 bar 1 3/4 In. Sch. 40 275 lbs. each at $91/panel. They are by far the best I've seen. Don't know about shipping that far, but they are stout.

Todd,

No pm in my inbox. Went up to Prairie Ranch supply in Tuelon (Gerber's suppliers). I hate their panels, but they apparently have some free-standing oilfield pipe panels that they sell, but don't really seem to advertise. 25 footers, 6 bar (with one inch solid sucker in the middle four)for $365. They said they would be taking a load our way in about 2 weeks, so might order a few. Heading to Rathwell in the morning to check out what Real Industries has.

There is a lot of different cont fence mfgs out there. Local place sells Sandhills Continuous Fence in 20' lenghts in 5 or 6 bar, no welding required. It also comes in plain, galvanized, and HD. Prices for 5 bar in the 3 respective flavors are $99, $139, and $229. 6 bar is $117, $165, and $329. I have zero experience with the stuff, that's just what I read in the ad! :wink:

I have rebuilt some corral recently and used Ranchers Welding free standing 28' panels. I had a couple I bought several years ago an bought a couple more recently for $559 each. http://www.rancherswelding.com

Thanks John. I have been looking at the Rancher's ones. Little pricey, but built to last. I was quoted $460 for a four bar and $530 for a 5 bar 28' panel. We use the large main pen in our corral as an area to feed our young cattle in. Those perimeter walls are starting to fall apart and I think about 6 to 7 of those Rancher's panels would do the trick, or at least the poorest areas of the pen.

Latest posts