• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cool old photo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
My grandmother killed this buck the the 40's. We call him "Old Moe". His antlers hang in my Moms house. He is a dandy for sure. My Grandma is the lady with black hair on the right and my Grandpa is closest to the camera on the right
521EBB39-98F7-4633-9C26-6FF25B7DCBAA.jpeg

39 inches wide. Just under 200 inches total. He is a straight typical but has enough deductions he doesn't score well. But who cares 😁
He was
Killed and his horns were nailed to a gate for forty years til we went and got them and restored them.

39 inches wide. Just under 200 inches total. He is a straight typical but has enough deductions he doesn't score well. But who cares 😁
He was
Killed and his horns were nailed to a gate for forty years til we went and got them and restored them.
Mr. FH would like to know, was that shot in the 60's? He has seen big bucks on tv on the Arizona Strip. The minerals there are conductive to huge horns. (of course! 😊). Actually we had wild game mineral that guys put out on the mountain and the elk tore up the ground getting it and their horns grew really huge. But wait! I'm getting off subject.

That's a really nice buck! Glad you got it and restored it. Where is it hanging now?

Mr. FH would like to know, was that shot in the 60's? He has seen big bucks on tv on the Arizona Strip. The minerals there are conductive to huge horns. (of course! 😊). Actually we had wild game mineral that guys put out on the mountain and the elk tore up the ground getting it and their horns grew really huge. But wait! I'm getting off subject.

That's a really nice buck! Glad you got it and restored it. Where is it hanging now?
Shot in the late 40's. And the horns are in mom's house.

Nice buck and the truck is pretty nice to. Do you know what he used for a rifle?

Grandma carried an open sight 32 Winchester special. They day before she shot him she found him in a thick juniper patch and missed him with three shots as he took off. She had grandpa drop her off on his track early the next morning. She tracked him down off the foothills and onto the desert. She found his track led straight into a small stand of trees along a dry wash. When the buck jumped up, she dropped him. And then another monster buck jumped up and took off. In those days party hunting was normal, so she levered in another bullet, took careful aim and CLICK!!! She had not reloaded her rifle from the previous day! Grandma always said if she would of known she only had a single shot she probably would of missed him. The other buck got away. Grandma was a wonderful hunter. Elk, deer - she loved to hunt.

Latest posts