• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Corn Choppin

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
100_0027.jpg

collecting gold nuggets
100_0028.jpg

need a tug
100_0029.jpg

mmmmmm good eats.
100_0031.jpg

Big Red $2200 well spent
100_0032.jpg

Haymaker wants to drive this one...

I see you already have a chain of that belarus,what did it do quit you? :D :D :D ................good luck
ps good looking feed.

HAY MAKER said:
I see you already have a chain of that belarus,what did it do quit you? :D :D :D ................good luck
ps good looking feed.

No thats a stiff chain I'm pushing the packer tractor :wink:

Well we finished chopping yeasterday.We had 10 rows left and the chopper had a major malfuntion so we cleaned it up and took it apart will fix it this winter in the shop.

Ended up celebrating All afternoon and night.

BOY does my head hurt.

Denny, looks like you run some older equipment too. I have an Allis 7060 but mine is dualed up. They are a good tractor.

On the silage pile, do you stop chopping to dump? Or do you have 2 wagons? I've never seen it done like the pic shows, but looks like the silage is good quality, nice pack and even.

Jason said:
Denny, looks like you run some older equipment too. I have an Allis 7060 but mine is dualed up. They are a good tractor.

On the silage pile, do you stop chopping to dump? Or do you have 2 wagons? I've never seen it done like the pic shows, but looks like the silage is good quality, nice pack and even.

We run 3 boxes one on the chopper one inbetween and one one the pile if its a longer haul we have another small box we use also.

The corn was about 18 ton's to the acre and around 150 bushels it's going to make some good feed.

I feed it with a hot wire strung across just keep moving it back every day like a big self feeder will post pictures on that this winter.

That 7060 is cheap horsepower I gave $5000 for it 3 years ago and have put new rear tires on it.Wish I had duals for it but havent found any yet.

I paid $10,000 for mine 3 years ago, but the motor had fresh bearings and the tires were 70% there. I figured I had a deal.

I hear ya on the celebrating when we finished I stopped by the neighbors who were also finishing took me two days to heal.Oh to be twenty again. 8) 8)

baling wire said:
I hear ya on the celebrating when we finished I stopped by the neighbors who were also finishing took me two days to heal.Oh to be twenty again. 8) 8)

That's the problem i'm 37 and a good friend who stopped by with a case of beer at noon is 23. Oh I feel old today....

Latest posts