• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Corn Harvest?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
I was wondering when the corn harvest starts everywhere! I want to do something different this fall after we finish our harvest (October). I'm looking for an experience, something to remember. I do not have my 1A license. Does anyone have any other ideas? Is anyone looking for harvest help?

You are more than welcome to come to Utah and help me excavate rocks, pound steel posts and stretch wire. However, by October this year we may of dried up totally and simply blown away! :? I can pay you in cold Pepsi and baloney sandwichs! :D

If I had the money for a few plane tickets to check out a few operations, I would take you up on the offer! And I am planning on touring the south (anywhere south of the Canadian border :D) one day. But this time I want to do some harvesting. It's my favourite time of the year but I have only been introduced to the way we do it in our general area.

if don't rain, we may have harvest n a week or so..... getting seriously bad out here... got the irrigated hilled and pipe laid this weekend, but it may be too little too late...

Our last two years have been floods, although technically last year was considered a drought all the low spots were either saturated or under water. Too bad we couldn't send you some of our excess water..

Corn harvest in Minnesota will be in full swing come October most was planted plenty early this year. By Nov 15th it'll be over unless weather throws a wrench to it.

We try to wait till it gets to 18% moisture or below - - - the last few years we are able to start mid Sept. and with two combines, three semis and a 1,000 but grain cart we can run over 200 acres a day - - - we have 2,300 acres in row crop and about 1/2 in corn so we have been done the first part of Oct the last several years.

If we are running just corn we normally leave one combine parked as we don't have enough trucks to keep it away from two combines. Many times we can start running soybeans by noon and then jugle trucks back and forth between the two operations.

We have had all crops in before Holloween for as long as I can remember.

Latest posts