• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Corral Cleaning...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL

Reaction score
Have been buried the last week or two. These were taken two weeks ago...
7923_144627749623_661889623_2646319_6034846_n.jpg

7923_144628509623_661889623_2646320_1536936_n.jpg

7923_144628519623_661889623_2646321_2878589_n.jpg

7923_144628524623_661889623_2646322_2418885_n.jpg

Corral cleaner is a nice guy with a young family. The first day he lost a pin in the spreader and the drawbar of the spreader came through the back window of our 4240. :shock: :shock:
More than the spreader was full. The second day we put in a new window and he had bought a hitch pin that must have cost at least $50. Heavy duty with a locking pin in the bottom.
More updates on pre-weaning vaccinations to come once I get the photos sorted out.[/img]

How do you like that skid loader? I don't think that the spreader could hold another crumb of manure... :wink: :lol:

Nothing like low cost fertilizer :) . That driver was one lucky dude. Had that drawbar traveled maybe another foot forward, he may have gotten hit himself.

Those tracked Bobcats are fantastic machines. My brother has one that he also uses for drilling post holes.

RISKAN HOPE FARM said:
Whitewing I would suggest you buy a spreader with verticale beaters ,spreads even with no piles in the field.
Welcome Riskan, Yep if you heap it up and don't have a top beater it will leave some lumps with horizontal beaters.

We are looking to trade our spreader (NH 795) as we can rent one cheaper than we can own one. The skid steer is fast and does a really good job. In smaller corrals it is way quicker than a big outfit. We are also pretty nearly ending our corral cleaning days with a few management changes. The downside... one 5 year old boy will be very disappointed if that day comes to pass.

RISKAN HOPE FARM said:
Whitewing I would suggest you buy a spreader with verticale beaters ,spreads even with no piles in the field.

One concern I've got with whatever spreader I buy is the problem of rocks. We've got rocks most everywhere, and certainly on the hillsides where my corrals are built. Yeah, I'm going to try to be as careful as I can as I scrape and load, but I can't possibly screen all of them.

Do those things handle rocks? And if so, of what size before they become a problem?

In my experience it wasn't if the spreader could handle the rocks.... it was the haybines, balers and such that had to deal with the freshly spread rocks.
'Course, we don't get any large rocks in the manure pile so I can't say how big of rock they can handle.

Yes we also have rocks ,you have to careful ,as the manure goes dow you have to keep lowering the engate or it will put a stone through the tractor, but ones the size of a baseball will go out,if they are a basket ball you will have to clean buy hand its's not a bad job. the beaters have a chear pin so you don't wreck things to bad.

RISKAN HOPE FARM said:
Yes we also have rocks ,you have to careful ,as the manure goes dow you have to keep lowering the engate or it will put a stone through the tractor, but ones the size of a baseball will go out,if they are a basket ball you will have to clean buy hand its's not a bad job. the beaters have a chear pin so you don't wreck things to bad.

Thanks for the info guys. Based on what I've learned in this thread, I'm thinking that I should be able to keep the problem under control. I don't really relish tossing rocks in pastures that are almost rock-free to begin with, but that's just part of the package, I guess.

I've got lots of cheap labor available so perhaps I can use them to remove the largest rocks before we get started scraping each corral.

I notice it didn't take long for a reply.I spend time on the internet in the morning,as I have time this time of year,but the radio just said my Alberta friends are going to send us S N O W Thursday THANKS. CHAT LATER

RISKAN HOPE FARM said:
I notice it didn't take long for a reply.I spend time on the internet in the morning,as I have time this time of year,but the radio just said my Alberta friends are going to send us S N O W Thursday THANKS. CHAT LATER

Suerte. :wink:

Latest posts