• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

corriente saddles

Help Support Ranchers.net:

You cant beat the Association Saddle I used mine as hard as you can Never a problem. And Wayne he talks to like he Knows ya Good folks and a great saddle

Everybody seems to think they are pretty and hand made..I have not read anything about how they actually fit a horse. To me thats the most important thing. I am considering one but not till I know if they sore up a horse or leave dry spots and all the other....anyone know?

i had a bunch of saddles threw the years some shop made some not. the correntie i have is adout as good as any saddle ive had i use it a lot for roping big stock never found aweak place on it. never had it hurt my horses back and i had it on all kinds big and small.

It's my thought that the saddles that are given as awards, aren't always
as good as the saddles offered for sale. Maybe that's what you encountered. On another thread here, several people are very satisfied with this brand of saddle.

I don't know a thing about them, having never been around one at all.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
WBR....Booger Barter gives Martin Saddles as awards. They are some awesome saddles! Now....If Lil Lilly can just win one. LOL

I won a booger barter saddle when he did the team ropings. Its the most uncomfortable saddle ive ever sat in. Tell her ride it once for luck and put it in the house.

yes ma'am. The bars are set up weird on it to me. It rides too high on the horse also.

hunting008.jpg

Well so far, everyone that we know that's won one, loves the barrel saddles.

LOL we'll hafta wait n see...when she wins one. BUT.....she'd much rather win a dodge truck. :wink:

I have 3 of the corriente saddles. Two of them are less than 3years old and the other is 4 years old.I had the first 2 for 6 months and broke the tree in both of them. I traded for the 3rd one and didn't use it when I got it but everything was solid and it was a little over a year old when I got it. I got it for a spare saddle. When I sent the other 2 back to be fixed I broke the tree in the other corriente. When I got the other 2 back I was told that they would not warranty my saddles. So I could not get the other fixed. I broke the tree in one of the saddles I got fixed the second week, after I got it back. I broke the other 5 weeks after getting it back. So now I have 3 corriente saddles just sitting there with broke trees that are not even 5 years old. These saddles are not made to rope and drag heavy cattle. I would be real careful when are pulling something heavy. I pulled the horn to my chest on the second one I broke. But on a good note they did fit 2 of my horses good.

I have 2 of them. Both are Wades. I have roped and drug a whole bunch more then my horses have wanted me too with both of these saddles. I'm not sure how a person would break the trees in mine. A 2200 pound Limmy bull sure has never caused any problmes with mine.

I've bought 2 and about everybody around here rides one. My son roped a big mad char. Bull off his, that his buddy olready had a loop on. His buddy was in a jam with his rope and a tree and his horse down. My son got a one rap dally and the rope ripped the cap off the horn before he could get a little slack and a nother rap. Burnt his hand bad to. The cap rippin would have happened on a 2500 dollar cook or what ever he was ridein. My boy has roped a lot of big yearlin as well as bulls and it has held up well. I don't care if there made in mexeco. Them folks need to eat a lot worst than us gringos. Wayne's a good man to deal with to. If anybody gets one, it will absorb almost 11/2 gallons of mineral oil. Those asso. Highbacks are sure comfortable to. I'm lookin to get a corritello. Made in mex and sold in el paso. I can get one with bars set up to fit a cracker horse better. There asso. Looks identacal to a corrente. Same price.

I have a corriente asst saddle have no problems. I always take a saddle down and check all rigging old or new try it you will be surprised how the rigging works loose.Good saddle for the money. Order one the way you like still cost you less than a custom have not had any problem soring a horse or it would be GONE

Latest posts