• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cosmopolitan Kid.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bob M

Reaction score
Had a call from my only son, Soapweed, awhile ago. He said his youngest son, that he pictures wearing a cosmopolitan cap or leaning on a $200 Cadallac, was headed for the National FFA Convention. Soapweed ran across the coach in town and stated he was sorry the cosmo kid wouldn't be playing in the fnals in football. The coach said he didn't hold any grudge, that he would have jumped at the chance to go to the convention if he had the same choice.

A local lady, Linda, entered into the conversation and mentioned that Cosmo was cut out of a different pattern than most. She recalled when he was preschool. His mother, Mrs. Soapweed, was practicing on a song just before the funeral. "Cosmo" was pretty much on his own. He took a book that he found somewhere in the church and approached Linda, even though he didn't know her, asking if she would read to him. Linda complied but finally told him the funeral was about to start and they had better go to the sanctuary. "Cosmo" wanted her to finish the chapter. Linda said there wasn't time. "Cosmo" said "Do you want me to be quiet at the funeral? If you do I'd like to have you finish the chapter". Linda finished the chapter.

BobM

oops, it also reminds me of one about my daughter.....sorta

It was awful cold in the church one sunday mornin. Services were about 10 minutes from bein over. Amanda was just startin to wear , "big girl undies" and whispered....."mama, I needa go" I shushed her and told her..just a few more minutes.....k? She nodded.................................................psssssssttt "Mama, I needa GO!!"
after a few of those I decided I'd put her off as long as I could afford to. Didn't want to have her havin a accident right there in church after doin so well previously.
Our little church is multi leveled, you hafta go up to the front and thru a door then down a set of stairs to the fellow ship hall and restrooms.
The preacher was just about to start the closin prayer, as we made our way out the door. It was even colder in the back.....burrrrrrrr....n me in a dress n panny hose and high heels (somethin I dont do often) Anyhow, I got about half way down the stairs....carryin her....when my heel hung on that hidious green shag carpet they have coverin the steps. Down we went..with my knees folded under me.....da da da dadadada....then I kinda rolled her out in the floor...and laid at the bottom of the steps.....cringin cuz my shins were killin me.
I got her to the restroom and back out....examined my legs.....bleedin from the knees down..both legs.....BUT!!!! no rips or runners in my panny hose!!!!! Amazing.
As we made our way back into the church....down the isle to our seat....Amanda tells each person..sittin on the end of each pew......aaaaaaaaallllllll the way to our seat....."Mama fall down the stairs.....mama fall down the stairs.....mama fall down ......" on and on....
I was thinkin the whole time, uh huh prolly sounded like a herd of elephants goin down them stairs durin the closin prayer.

Soapweed said:
Yep, that's my Koniving Kosmopolitan Kid. And people wonder why my hair is turning grey. :shock: :wink: :)
Soapweed-
When I was studying Genetics in College, it seems to me that I heard that old phrase "Like Begets Like!" many,many times. It sort of made an impression on me. And then several years later, I was delving into the intricacies of the NEW scientific FACT study of EPD's - which concerns certain traits inherited from parent's genes, and the Expected Dominance, if you will, passed down from certain parents! :shock: My Question: Did the Koniving Kosmopolitan Kid acKuire the Koniving Karacteristics Koncerned with Konfidence, Kommunicating in a Kaleidoscopic Karaoke manner and re-Kalling Katy-dids and Katzenjammer Konfusions KonKomitant with an aKKompanying KaKaphony of Kettledrums and Kornets, and Karrying on in a Kare-free manner Karacteristic of the Kosmo Kid Koncentrating on the Konvention from his beautiful mother, Peach Blossom, - or - that OTHER Kharacter in the family - YuKKa? Are you Kapable of Korrecting any Konfusion Koncerning this Kuestion?

DOK HARRIS

That was pretty Korny, DoK, but Kute. :) :) :)

Guess both of us are guilty, as charged. The Konondrum Kuandry has hopefully been solved in an oKay fashion to your satisfaction. And yes, I can see that this just your way of coming in through an open window to portray the importance of EPD's. Point taken, but it probably will not be acted upon. :wink: :)

I hafta ask, where did he come by that hat? I know what they call them kinda hats here, don't know why they call em what they do...but....I was just curious as to where he got it. IMO he's much cuter in a cowboy hat. lol

greg said:
thx for the answer,kinda figured it was somthing like that
greg-
To embellish Nicky's answer regarding FFA and their 78th National Convention this week - my personal opinion is that if it were not for the Future Farmer's of America programs, which have been in effect for 78+ years, - the general level of Agricultural excellence in this country would be - - oh - - Gosh - - I'll say it would be almost non-existant! FFA and 4H groups have kept Excellence in Agriculture in the forefront of the minds of Youth in rural communities to the point that it is almost mandatory that Farm and Ranch Youth participate in them to one degree or another. To my way of thinking, FFA and 4H is the STRENGTH of America, because the big city, urban and Inner City youth sure as heck don't have programs which attempt to prepare young people to think, act, and prepare themselves to be Leaders and Community Icons, and FFA and 4H Leaders are consumed and totally dedicated to help the young people become the BEST that they can be! The benefits derived therefrom by young people are residual inasmuch as the lessosns taught and learned are passed on to THEIR children and so on. It is not just "How to-" programs that are involved. It encompasses building character, learning how to communicate with other people, Public speaking and appearances, how to think, act, and believe in yourself.

Starting today, Wednesday Oct. 26, 2005, this Convention, the theme of which is "Living to Serve", will be Telecast "LIVE" by RFD-TV! More than 50,000 members, advisors and guests will pack Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky., and the opening session will began at 4 P.M.

I recommend watching these proceedings! It makes one realize that our young people are not ALL screwballs, ding-bats and drug addicts - and that if the future of the country is left in the hands of Agricultural devotees we are probably going to survive and thrive!

God Bless America and the FFA and 4H kids!

DOC HARRIS

sadly, FFA has nothing to do with farming.

when I was in my sophomore year of high school, the nation voted and the result was to drop the Future Farmers of America, and just go with FFA.

they wanted it to be a more agreeable organization for the science minded person to join.

it seems that of the total FFA membership less than 5% actually go into production ag. the rest are involved in ag business, ag science, or ag related fields that have very little to do with ag as we see it.

It makes me mad to even think about it, even funny how they recite the FFA Creed...... "I believe in the future of farming........" but yet they want to distance themselves from the farming part of it!

God Bless all the Ag advisor though. I still talk to mine.

Latest posts