• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

costum haying rates

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
I usually do any extra hay on shares, 70-30 or 80-20, last year felt sorry for a cousin husband and did 120 aces on 60 -40 on a very poor crop. Well with hay prices going above $200/ton in this area he doesn't want to share crop and he got a good crop despite the frost. What the going rate for swathing (got a old 8500 15 disc) and 4x5 round bales left in the field?
thing is I not going to be able to do much , Sue and my daughter are probably going to do most the haying.

I was able to get my put up (disk mowed , raked and in 4 x5 plastic tied bales ) for 13.50 Vermeer bales in the field but he had all his machinery paid for

Three others turned down the job at 19 to 20 per bale
It makes a difference if one asks Around

I typically charge 6-8 for rolling (4x5) depending on crop and quality, and terrain. To cut,rake and roll my bottom dollar is 14, and should be up around 20.

Just my two cents....

Tom

Coon Creek Cattle Co. said:
I typically charge 6-8 for rolling (4x5) depending on crop and quality, and terrain. To cut,rake and roll my bottom dollar is 14, and should be up around 20.

Just my two cents....

Tom
that 20 rate comes close to what a 60% share would be

Around here the Russians will cut, rake and bale for $38 an acre.

I'm still doing a 50/50 split with my customers but they have to wait until my equipment is freed up....sometimes it's a long wait. :?

jodywy said:
Whitewing said:
I'm still doing a 50/50 split with my customers but they have to wait until my equipment is freed up....sometimes it's a long wait. :?
too little share for the cost of your equipment

True, but if I was getting my fuel for next to free 50/50 might be a little more appealing. :wink:

Latest posts