• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Could NOT help myself......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
I INSTANTLY thought of you, a bitter bunch of souls, when I read this article this AM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/14/opinion/krugman-the-gops-existential-crisis.html?ref=opinion&_r=1&

No, what we're having is a political crisis, born of the fact that one of our two great political parties has reached the end of a 30-year road. The modern Republican Party's grand, radical agenda lies in ruins — but the party doesn't know how to deal with that failure, and it retains enough power to do immense damage as it strikes out in frustration.

I'd rather be counted amongst the bitter bunch of poor souls who mourn for the slow death of America as we knew it, than to join the opposition simply because they now represent the majority.

You seem to feel good about what's taking place. I hope you finally have your first orgasm.

Whitewing said:
I'd rather be counted amongst the bitter bunch of poor souls who mourn for the slow death of America as we knew it, than to join the opposition simply because they now represent the majority.

You seem to feel good about what's taking place. I hope you finally have your first orgasm.

I got a few minutes this AM....so I'll play with you :wink:

You just proved my usage of the word " bitter".....

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't think you could say I feel 'good' about the changes but I'm NOT running around like my hair is on fire SCREAMING all Doom and Gloom.

kolanuraven said:
Whitewing said:

I got a few minutes this AM....so I'll play with you :wink:

You just proved my usage of the word " bitter".....

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't think you could say I feel 'good' about the changes but I'm NOT running around like my hair is on fire SCREAMING all Doom and Gloom.

Proved your usage of the word "bitter"? I'm proud that I'm bitter. What American who believes that our once great country has now turned the corner and is headed towards a Western European-style welfare state wouldn't be bitter about seeing what's happening.

And if I mischaracterised your "feeling good" about the changes due to the fact that you posted Krugman's op, forgive me.

If you don't feel good about it, then I assume you didn't support Obama in the last election. Did you? If you did support Obama, you can hardly say you're sad about what's coming...you voted for it and did your part.

As for running around like my hair is on fire and SCREAMING all Doom and Gloom, I suppose we could take like the jews in WWII and just line up quietly for the ovens.

You're obviously not a history buff.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin

kolo=jingo=lulu=allie=who knows who else,,,,We have knoiw for ang time that you are beyond HELP :D :D

The modern Republican Party's grand, radical agenda lies in ruins — but the party doesn't know how to deal with that failure,

back in the 70's,.. this same liberal argument took hold as well..

conservatives had lost both houses and had no chance of "ever" defeating a democrat in a national election.

by most accounts of the liberals, the only way to save the GOP was to water down our ideals and be more liberal.. or moderate as they claimed..

then two things happened.. the democrats shifted more to the left.. purging their party of moderates.. and the birth of the Neo-Con era was set off..

and conservatives stood their ground.. and we had the Reagan era.. a groundswell of grassroots support for conservatism..

but our party elite still didn't listen.. not unlike today.. so instead of doubling down on the winning conservative ideals.. the party elite went left and embraced the neo-cons..

since getting into bed with the old liberals (neo-cons).. our image and position has declined to where it is now.. thrown 40 years back to the last moderate.. (Nixon) by the party elite and the neo-cons,..
and once again sitting here with the liberals whining about how the only way we can survive is to be more liberal..

so we can either listen to history which is seldom wrong,.. or liberals who are out to defeat US

The cow in rose colored glasses is back. The cow in rose colored glasses insulted me four years ago by calling me a racist. Please accept this as my insult in return. Better late than never.

Grandad said:
The cow in rose colored glasses is back. The cow in rose colored glasses insulted me four years ago by calling me a racist. Please accept this as my insult in return. Better late than never.

That is an insult to cows everywhere :D :D :D

Reagan eased republicans over the cliff on the sled of religious rightousness.Thats not what I call conservative but then I remember when songs said us cowboys were happy and gay and we smiled about it.Funny how words can change meanings.

I'd like to hear more Obama supporter's opinion on the estate tax. Kolanuraven, is that something that would effect you?

Kola, do you offer up and ideas or solutions? or just sit back, count your trust fund dollars, and care less about those effected???

PALIN.jpg

kolanuraven said:
I INSTANTLY thought of you, a bitter bunch of souls, when I read this article this AM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/14/opinion/krugman-the-gops-existential-crisis.html?ref=opinion&_r=1&

No, what we're having is a political crisis, born of the fact that one of our two great political parties has reached the end of a 30-year road. The modern Republican Party's grand, radical agenda lies in ruins — but the party doesn't know how to deal with that failure, and it retains enough power to do immense damage as it strikes out in frustration.

I'd expect this from you. Krugman is considered by his peers to be the "most dangerous economist in the world".

Latest posts