• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Could this be?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Someone over on CT was saying something about brisket for $2 a pound. So yesterday the wife and I were in the grocery store in Baker I had to check out the price of beef. Nothing is $2. The high was "prime" rib steak for $24 a pound. The lowest was hamburger for $4+ a pound. Better steaks that weren't prime cost between $10 and $14 a pound.

We don't have those naturally boneless cattle here. The hills are too steep.

I question that they are born boneless, I think possibly a UFO abduction by alien bone collectors as yearlings. They should say "supernatural boneless" to be correct. The only brisket that sells for $2 a lb is tofu made to look like beef brisket. The BBQ masters rub it with soy, ground dandelion root, and cannabis oil. Getting that sacred smoke ring takes on a whole new meaning.

People in "Marketing" only use enough truth to sell the product. And people are gullible enough to swallow it hook, line and sinker. Naturally boneless only really applies to politicians.

A guy out here used to rave on his website that none of the cattle he sold for beef were hot branded. He catered to the city crowd and he went way out of his way to decry obsolete practices like branding and ear marking. But he never raised a single steer himself. He bought everything from ranchers here in the valley and EVERY steer was branded and ear marked!!! But since HE didn't brand them, they were all marketed as humanely raised and other BS. But he made money hand over fist from folks who wouldn't know a hot brand from a cool Pepsi. So what do I know

Someone over on CT was saying something about brisket for $2 a pound. So yesterday the wife and I were in the grocery store in Baker I had to check out the price of beef. Nothing is $2. The high was "prime" rib steak for $24 a pound. The lowest was hamburger for $4+ a pound. Better steaks that weren't prime cost between $10 and $14 a pound.

We don't have those naturally boneless cattle here. The hills are too steep.
I have 3 Wagyu's at the house. One is an open 4 year old high percentage cow. One is a high percentage heifer and one is an F-1 heifer.

I have the F-1 sold to a guy that is from Portland and insistent on grain fed. The cow is sold to a butcher shop we supply and I think the other will go here. I'll say the Rib Eye Pricing on these makes $24.00 look cheap lol

I have 3 Wagyu's at the house. One is an open 4 year old high percentage cow. One is a high percentage heifer and one is an F-1 heifer.

I have the F-1 sold to a guy that is from Portland and insistent on grain fed. The cow is sold to a butcher shop we supply and I think the other will go here. I'll say the Rib Eye Pricing on these makes $24.00 look cheap lol
Need more Wagyu's? I know a guy....... well he is one of my neighbors. He has several hundred Wagyu cows. And his commercial heifers get bred to a Wagyu so he has a good crop of F-1 calves too.

Maybe. Does he have any rib eye ultrasound information on the marbling?
I don't know that. I do know that he flushes cows and does embryo transplants. And sells big dollar bulls. I will ask him when he gets back. He is at the National High School Rodeo finals right now. Most of my knowledge about them is from handling the cows. IMHO Wagyu cows are the stupidest cows I have ever been around. That is the general opinion around the neighborhood.

I don't know that. I do know that he flushes cows and does embryo transplants. And sells big dollar bulls. I will ask him when he gets back. He is at the National High School Rodeo finals right now. Most of my knowledge about them is from handling the cows. IMHO Wagyu cows are the stupidest cows I have ever been around. That is the general opinion around the neighborhood.
I'm willing to talk with him

People in "Marketing" only use enough truth to sell the product. And people are gullible enough to swallow it hook, line and sinker. Naturally boneless only really applies to politicians.

A guy out here used to rave on his website that none of the cattle he sold for beef were hot branded. He catered to the city crowd and he went way out of his way to decry obsolete practices like branding and ear marking. But he never raised a single steer himself. He bought everything from ranchers here in the valley and EVERY steer was branded and ear marked!!! But since HE didn't brand them, they were all marketed as humanely raised and other BS. But he made money hand over fist from folks who wouldn't know a hot brand from a cool Pepsi. So what do I know
A while back a guy was selling a well used old diesel engine. His ad read Virgin Motor never rebuilt.

Latest posts