• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

County Fair Is Over

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
Daughter had a heck of an experience at the fair with her first steer. She got him weighed in and as she was leading him to the beef barn I was getting her Dairy heifer weighed in. I looked up and here comes her steer with out her!
Steer is being followed by 3 adults, daughter, and several other 4-H'ers. He came right back into the scale chute and we had him caught. He got spooked, jumped into daughter knocking her down and dragged her across the gravel road before she lost her grip on the lead rope. Her road rash down her left arm is almost fully healed.
Her steer only weighted 1020. She admits she slacked off on feeding him, has vowed to feed her next one better.
She guides to all this were 2 older 4-H'ers that were just awesome teaching her so much and supporting her.
She did get a little blue ribbon in the Novice Showmanship in Beef and a red in Market beef.
Won a belt buckle for her Dairy though. Vet was 70% sure the heifer was bred. AI's her just 21 days before.
She did have trouble with her Dairy heifer. She did not want to set up or stand still. Tried to knock her down and pull her around. Daughter held in there pretty good. Judge gave her lots of information on how to handle the heifer and set her up.
If I can get pictures moved to photobucket I got a great pic of her totally crashed out after the shows. She wants to do bred heifer next year.
Hope H'76 calls her back.

I already mentioned that to her Soap. I got a very loud No sent my way. Tried to tell her she would have better luck selling an Angus or an Angus cross. She was having none of that.
Oh well her project her choice. :D :wink:

Latest posts