• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cow Camps

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saddletramp, I just stumbled onto this post. I know the camp. Spent a few nights there, myself. I worked for Hub McMurtrey in the 80's. We always had a cowboy there to calve. Johnny McMurtrey was the main cowboy at to stay there, but if he went somewhere, I stayed there. His horses were Bally and Funny Face. I never rode Bally, but he let me ride Funny Face. He always liked Bally best, and he must have been good. Funny Face was as good as any I had sat. Called it the Zimmerman place, I believe. As soon as we made muleys, we moved the pairs onto the Round Valley Pasture. Good memories, thanks. Speaking of memories, or lack there of, I have ran my own cattle since the 80's. This would have been the early 70's. Time flies.

Be interesting to know if it still exists since Turner bought it. I know they did some trading with Kimes and Kimes may have ended up with the camp. Shane took me around there once, but I kinda forgot where we were, and was in amazement as to what all was out there.

Latest posts