• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cow jumps six feet on to roof

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Today a roof, tomorrow the moon?

Cow jumps six feet on to roof

A cow has been caught jumping six feet on to a roof, after the owners thought they had been burgled.

Published: 6:20AM GMT 17 Dec 2009

Neighbour William de Cothi, 17, photographed the animal after he spotted it on the roof about six feet off the ground.

The Sixth Form student said: "I was looking out of my window when I saw the cow.

"At first I thought that it was an illusion and that it was in the background and not really on the roof.

"But after a closer look I could see it was actually on the roof."

The teenager added: "I have heard cows can jump quite high, so I think that is how it got up there.

"I got my family to come and look later and they laughed. It was absolutely amazing."

The house owner in Blagdon, Somerset, called police after getting home to find her roof seriously damaged and smashed tiles as she feared a burglar had tried to break in.

Local PC Ray Bradley said: "This was initially recorded on my figures as a burglary so I am glad I can take it off.

"If it wasn't for the door-to-door enquires and this photo we wouldn't have found out it was a cow responsible."

cow_1545022c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6831123/Cow-jumps-six-feet-on-to-roof.html

There was a yearling bull that jumped out of the ring and into the bleachers at the old sale barn in Valentine. The crowd dispersed fairly rapidly, and the bull climbed the seats clear up to the top, where he went under a rafter and broke it. The bull was finally coaxed back into the ring through the footgate. Later it was determined that the bull was the "highest" bull ever sold at Valentine Livestock. :wink:

I own Gelbvieh's that can jump a lot higher than that on any given day.

Especially one red cow. she kinda quit after her teats failed to clear the last barbed wire fence she jumped. That had to really hurt.LOLOL

I have taken to calling them my Elkvieh's

3waycross said:
I own Gelbvieh's that can jump a lot higher than that on any given day.

Especially one red cow. she kinda quit after her teats failed to clear the last barbed wire fence she jumped. That had to really hurt.LOLOL

I have taken to calling them my Elkvieh's

I'd call them SELLvieh's

A neighbor and distant relative of mine had a limosine bull back in the early 80's running with a bunch of cows near our ranch. The bull disappeared from the section he had the cows in and Jim spent all fall hunting him. We found him two canyons east of his place and got him gathered up with some of our cows. We dropped him at Jim's place and then took our cows on home. Then we called Jim and told him where we'd left his bull. Corral was cedar posts and pole rails over 6 foot high. When he went to get him all that was left were tracks. He'd got up enough speed a 30 foot diameter corral to sail right over the top rail. Never left a hair on the fence! Finally caught up with him in December clear out on the desert. Corralled him, loaded him, salebarned him all in the same day!

leanin' H said:
A neighbor and distant relative of mine had a limosine bull back in the early 80's running with a bunch of cows near our ranch. The bull disappeared from the section he had the cows in and Jim spent all fall hunting him. We found him two canyons east of his place and got him gathered up with some of our cows. We dropped him at Jim's place and then took our cows on home. Then we called Jim and told him where we'd left his bull. Corral was cedar posts and pole rails over 6 foot high. When he went to get him all that was left were tracks. He'd got up enough speed a 30 foot diameter corral to sail right over the top rail. Never left a hair on the fence! Finally caught up with him in December clear out on the desert. Corralled him, loaded him, salebarned him all in the same day!

Limousin- he did that flatfooted... Saler could have made it another foot or two higher :wink: :p

Oldtimer said:
leanin' H said:

Limousin- he did that flatfooted... Saler could have made it another foot or two higher :wink: :p

And THAT'S more than likely an understatement. :wink:

A neighbor here that had 30 or so cows and an outfitting business all his working life was never too excited about starting to feed his cows until about two weeks after he should have. He always used second hand bulls from various other ranches and usually ended up with some pretty rank or breechy herd sires. He got two Limo bulls once. Late in the fall I asked how he had made out with them. He told me he sure liked those bulls as the Hereford or Simmental bulls he'd had in the past always tore down the gate/fence into the stackyards and let the whole works in to self-feed.
Those red bulls just jump over and never wreck anything! :wink:

Photoshop :lol: :p Although i did see a bull clear a six foot fence at the reno rodeo like it was'nt there,right after the flag girls rode through the gate.They came back out to the arena pretty quick. :wink:

Latest posts