• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cow outfit for sale, buckaroo country....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed said:
With such a nifty ranch, you wonder why the owners want to sell it.

A piece of dirt means nothing to some people. They treat it just like any other commodity. Something to buy, sell, and make a profit off of.

Thanks for sharing the link. That is an amazing ranch! Just the fact of all the rain/snow which falls on the ranch stays there is almost unbelievable, yet, the photo's and terrain show it as obvious. Springs are quite amazing to me in the first place, and then, so many in one area, vast though that area is!

It sure appears to have been well managed AND cared for, so people, in both ownership and management, had their hearts and minds in the right place, imo. I hope such a historic and beautiful ranch can stay in private ownership, and intact.

mrj

Here's another one
http://www.cowboyshowcase.com/il-ranch.html#.V_iEvf_2ahw

I think the Spanish ranch used to be part of this one. We were staking gold claims around elko, using El Aero--landed a 206 (bell jet ranger) @ Spanish ranch to do a little polite pr---shot the bull for a while and boss and el Segundo allowed as to how it would sure be nice to have one of them to look for 'strays'---now, staking starts over about oct 1 and it'd been a dry summer---purty good odds if one had some 'strays' and hit water holes that actually had some water--say early pm---- them strays wouldn't be too extry hard to find....But, sure, off they went---and that was why we landed there, be neighborly , introduce ourselves----it was this kinda approach and thoughtfulness by my buddy/leader that made that job an absolute joy-----plus the rush of staking some of the most rugged and remote ground in lower 48 that way, esp the uranium stuff in se Utah, sw colo

here's a blm deal on the Spanish ranch
http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/nv/field_offices/elko_field_office/programs/range/spanish_ranch.Par.61307.File.dat/SpanishRanch&Andrae.pdf

they had married housing there, folks had the feel of maybe working there for generations?

I drive past the Gamble Ranch a couple of times a month with my day job. I love Nevada and I love cattle. How about some of you all pool your giant profits from these crazy high calf prices this year and buy it? :D :D :D

I volunteer to manage it for you when I am not busy hunting elk. :wink:

It is really a beautiful area. And its huge. I hope whoever buys it keeps running cattle and doesn't turn it into a "preserve".

Why is it being sold? yeah, I know....the thrill is gone. EPA would have a field day with them if "Waters of the US" ever sees daylight. Great video. Hope it doesn't turn out like the Waggoner that recently sold. Only big money can afford to play and they seem to be such fickle idiots. Maybe Madeline Pickens can add this to her wild horse sanctuary.

H--I'm in on the buy. lemme see what's left after I sell calves :roll:

I'll bet a foreign entity buys it. Some Japs have been scouting around here for cattle acreage for a couple of years and own a big chunk in Colorado. The Saudi's own a huge alfalfa farm on the California/Nevada border for growing hay and shipping it back home.

think 50 years ago My Dad's Uncle wanted my Grand Dad and Dad buy the Spanish Ranch.... that time it was way more sheep then cows, Uncle Gene was going to handle the sheep side.

I've never bought a ranch, but if its for sale at $50 million and it runs 9000 cows, thats about $5,555 per cow. I don't think I could buy enough land to run a cow for a year here for $5,555. I guess the leases have to be figured in to the cost, but you'd also have to figure in the income from other enterprises. Maybe $50 million isn't a bad deal?

PPRM said:
Ho55 said:
It was 50 million in 2010. It's 77million today.

If it is based on running cows, it will go down with this market

I agree. The value of this ranch is its water. Someone will get rich piping it to Las Vegas.

Latest posts