• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cowboy Authentic-new show on RFD-TV

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Has anyone had a chance to watch it yet? It's on Monday* nights. Wondering if it's authentic. :p

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=559789544056293&set=vb.409607369131776&type=3&theater

*edited because it's not on Tuesday nights as I had posted, but Monday nights instead. :D

Dang! I've been looking forward to seeing this for days and I just realized what time it is and just missed it.... :( :( :( :( :( Comes on here again for me tomorrow at 8 am....gotta remember.... :D

We have watched the last 2 shows. Enjoyed them, I am sure they are real people they interview, real ranches.

We have been gone so haven't gotten to watch it yet. I checked just now and though it was already over for tonight, I checked the guide and it will air again at 7 am tomorrow morning!! Plus it is on the Padlock Ranch, and
we are very familiar with that ranch as we have many friends who have worked there through the years. They used to run a Chuckwagon; one of the last outifits to do so. We don't know if they still do that or not.

It is in some beautiful country and it is a cowboy's ranch, so should be good to watch. Thanks for bringing this thread up to the top or we would have missed watching the show!

[September 23, 2013]

Six-Time World Champion Dan Mortensen Accepts First Exemption Invitation to Compete in THE AMERICAN, the World's Richest One-Day Rodeo

(Thomson Reuters ONE via COMTEX) -- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 23, 2013 CONTACT: RFD-TV Public Relations [email protected] or 214.477.6999 Six-Time World Champion Dan Mortensen Accepts First Exemption Invitation to Compete in THE AMERICAN, the World's Richest One-Day Rodeo Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame inductee comes out of retirement to compete in bronc riding event for a chance to win part of $2 million payout Omaha - Six-time World Champion Dan Mortensen has announced he will come out of retirement to compete in THE AMERICAN Rodeo on March 2, 2014. He will be competing in the bronc riding event, where he will face the top 10 in the world after the Wranglers National Finals Rodeo (WFNR).

Mortensen won one All-Around World title and six World Championship titles in bronc riding, tying for most all-time wins with the legendary cowboy, Casey Tibbs. In 2003, he became the first roughstock cowboy in Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) history to exceed $2 million in career earnings. He retired from the sport in 2008 and was inducted into the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in 2009.

"I've been out of bronc riding and western sports for a while now. I've missed matching my physical and mental skills against powerful and impressive animals in the arena" Mortensen said. "THE AMERICAN allows me to get back into the saddle to compete in the sport I love, while being part of this historic event that gives us a shot at some of the biggest payouts ever." On August 22 at AT&T Stadium, RFD-TV announced THE AMERICAN would be taking place on March 2, 2014, at the home of the Dallas Cowboys, AT&T Stadium, in Arlington, Texas. With a potential $2 million payout, it would be the richest one-day rodeo in history. At the conclusion of the PBR World Finals and the WNFR, the top 10 athletes in the world will be eligible to compete in THE AMERICAN. Aside from this, a contestant can qualify by finishing in the top five in each event at the semi-finals in Mesquite, Texas. Mortensen has been selected by THE AMERICAN sanctioning bodies as one of the limited exemptions, allowing him to compete in the event. Additional exemptions will be announced periodically leading up to March 2, 2014.

"THE AMERICAN is all about elevating western sports by bringing together the most dynamic talent in the world, and Dan Mortensen is a proven six-time winner," said Randy Bernard, President and CEO of Rural Media Group. "He was selected for his sheer talent, sportsmanship and record in the arena and we are honored that he accepted the invitation to compete in our event." THE AMERICAN is being closely coordinated with Professional Bull Rider's (PBR) Iron Cowboy V, which will take place the day before THE AMERICAN on March 1, 2014 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Combined; the events are expected to bring over 100,000 fans and participants to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

"Dan is right up there with the greatest bronc riders that ever lived" said Ty Murray, nine-time PRCA World Champion and PBR co-founder. "Having him compete is one of the elements that make THE AMERICAN so exciting for the fans and why my eyes, are going to be glued to the action." "Dan is the real deal. The team at THE AMERICAN made the right decision in selecting him as their first exemption" said legendary cowboy and eight-time World Champion Larry Mahan. "I've watched him through the years and his ride will make for an exciting and wild show for the fans at AT&T stadium." Tickets for THE AMERICAN went on sale on September 16. Ticket prices range from $20 to $150, not including taxes. They can be purchased at the AT&T Stadium Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations and online at www.americanrodeo.com.

### Notes to Editors: About RFD-TV's THE AMERICAN: Taking place at Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium on March 2, 2014, with an estimated attendance of 75,000, RFD-TV's THE AMERICAN is the single largest 1-day cash prize event in the entire history of rodeo. With $2-million on the line, the best athletes in the world will be gathering in Dallas to compete in one epic day of raw rodeo will, skill and power. THE AMERICAN is inviting the top 10 athletes in each of the traditional rodeo sports as well as the top 10 from the PBR. The top 10 bull riding contestants will be invited after the PBR World Finals in Las Vegas, and the remainder of the primary rodeo sports contenders, will be determined after the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. In addition to the 10 invites, THE AMERICAN will make 5 additional spots available for any rodeo athlete in the world through five regional qualifiers. If one of those athletes goes on to win their respective event at THE AMERICAN they will split an additional bonus pool of $1-million dollars in prize money.

With the help of broadcast partners and sponsors, RFD-TV will be broadcasting the event LIVE on the day, helping to bring the totality of this defining western sports experience to a wide national audience. For more information, please visit: www.rfdtv.com/theamerican and www.RFDTV.com. Follow us on Twitter @RFDTVAMERICAN and on find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RFDTVTheAMERICAN About Rural Media Group, Inc. (RMG): Rural Media Group, Inc. is the world's leading provider of multimedia content dedicated to the rural and western lifestyle. RMG is the parent company of RFD-TV, FamilyNet, RURAL TV, RURAL RADIO on SiriusXM channel 80, RFD-TV the Magazine and RFD-TV the Theatre. RFD-TV, the flagship network for RMG, launched in December 2000. RFD-TV is the nation's first 24-hour television network dedicated to serving the needs and interests of rural America with programming focused on agriculture, equine and the rural lifestyle, along with traditional country music and entertainment. RMG acquired FamilyNet, America's trusted entertainment network dedicated to providing wholesome and responsible viewing choices for today's diverse family. RURAL TV produces rural business news covering commodity markets for both cash and futures. Daily productions include Market Day Report and the Rural Evening News. RMG networks are distributed into more than 63-million homes worldwide by DBS, telco and cable systems including DISH Network, DIRECTV®, Comcast, Verizon FiOS TV, AT&T U-Verse, Mediacom, Charter, Optimum, Brighthouse, Suddenlink, Time Warner, Cox, and more than 600 independent rural cable systems. RFD-TV The Magazine is the print programming guide for the networks, which has attracted over 180,000 paid subscribers. RFD-TV The Theatre is a 2000 capacity soft seat venue in Branson, MO where entertainment programming is produced. Corporate headquarters are in Omaha, NE, and production operations are in Nashville, TN. For more information, visit www.rfdtv.com, www.myruraltv.com, and www.familynet.com. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook: @OfficialRFDTV @RURALTV @FamilyNet @RURALRADIO80 This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.

Speaking of RFD-TV-- this was the hot item on all the rodeo sites today... Mortenson coming out of retirement and accepting an invitation to ride in this big rodeo RFD is sponsoring...

Now I don't mind the bout of insomnia which got me up after trying for two hours to get back to sleep. Maybe it's that we were up at 4AM all of last week, but got the fall shots all done, so it was worth it, till I couldn't get off that track this week.

Anyway, we will be watching the show this morning. Sure hope it is the one on Padlock. I agree with FH that it is a good outfit. And they raise very good cows. We bought some a few years ago and they served us very well for a long time.

Also, has anyone NOT found RFDTV to be honest and authentic? We have seen them in action live a few times and are impressed with the people doing the work, as well as the content of shows.

We might even get to Omaha for that rodeo next spring.

mrj

I seen it this morning and taped it and am glad I did! Looks like it is going to be a good!

I even liked the end, where he was talking about taking the right path. Hits home here lately! I wish my dad had taken the right path! I never was close to my parents. Lived with my grandparents during school. I've dis-owned both my parents for years now.

I found out almost 20 days ago that my dad was just arrested for unthinkable crimes. I'm ashamed that he ever wore a cowboy hat!!!! My heart goes out to all he has effected in such a negative way! I'm just now able to chore without my stomach churning, where choring was my time I thought about no bad.

RFDtv has been like a mentor to me since I don't have one in real life on this lifestyle. I've learned to break horses, ranch rope, all kinds of things because of what they have aired!

R A said:
I seen it this morning and taped it and am glad I did! Looks like it is going to be a good!

I even liked the end, where he was talking about taking the right path. Hits home here lately! I wish my dad had taken the right path! I never was close to my parents. Lived with my grandparents during school. I've dis-owned both my parents for years now.

I found out almost 20 days ago that my dad was just arrested for unthinkable crimes. I'm ashamed that he ever wore a cowboy hat!!!! My heart goes out to all he has effected in such a negative way! I'm just now able to chore without my stomach churning, where choring was my time I thought about no bad.

RFDtv has been like a mentor to me since I don't have one in real life on this lifestyle. I've learned to break horses, ranch rope, all kinds of things because of what they have aired!

You are to be commended on who you are today, R A. You chose the right path, and after all, we have a choice to be who we are. Your grandparents must have been good mentors to you. I'm sorry you have had to disown your parents, but sometimes, that is the only way to deal with problem people. Not knowing you or your family really is their loss. :cry:

You know the old line, "you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives." :D

Have you read the book, "The Faraway Horses"? It's Buck Branaman's life story and what he writes in that book is true. We've known Buck for years and knew he had a bad childhood, but didn't realize it was as bad as he writes in the book. He and his brother didn't know if they would live through the night to get to school the next day! He too, chose the right path and look at the horses and people he has touched, and for the greater good.

I know that you have brought a fresh prospective to this forum. Your enthusiasm is contagious. I am glad you are here and I know there are others who feel as I do.

Carry on! :D

Thanks, Faster horses!!! I appreciate it! My grandparents were HUGE in teaching me family values, how to do the right thing and if you need something done, you dive in and do it.....but I didn't know it at the time! I was lost the whole time I was with them.

Yeah, boy you sure can't pick your relatives!!!... :shock: ... :D

I have read that book! I have it. Thanks for reminding me! I will start reading it again tonight! I may skip the part where he had to eat his pet calf... :D .

R A said:
Thanks, Faster horses!!! I appreciate it! My grandparents were HUGE in teaching me family values, how to do the right thing and if you need something done, you dive in and do it.....but I didn't know it at the time! I was lost the whole time I was with them.

Yeah, boy you sure can't pick your relatives!!!... :shock: ... :D

I have read that book! I have it. Thanks for reminding me! I will start reading it again tonight! I may skip the part where he had to eat his pet calf... :D .

He had to eat his pet calf? I don't remember that part. :? Maybe I skipped it the first time. :? I remember how Mr. Shirley gave him a pair of leather gloves when they were going to fix fence and how thankful he was as it was the first nice thing anyone had done for him. :cry:

I'm sure in this day and age, Buck and his brother would have been taken out of their home way before it happened.

Thank GOD for grandparents! Now there is a lot of research that shows how important grandparents are to children. I know our grandson is THE most important thing to us, next to God.

Yeah, he had a bull named Sampson that he broke to ride. He had been riding it over a year when his dad just up and butchered it...made Buck help butcher it, too.

Even in this last CA show when they asked that guy who a big influence had been in his life....his first words were my grandpa. He then mentioned his dad and uncle.

My animals are my family. I've been brushing my new bull everyday for weeks now...I keep meaning to pm ya pics of it... :D He got out some knocked down fence a couple nights ago....pitch black dark, I found him and he followed me home.... :D ....even left a neighbors cowherd to come with me.... :D .

Latest posts