• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cowgirls in Heaven

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TWOROPES

Reaction score
I just received the coffee table sized book Cowgirls in Heaven as a gift. It is a picture book of Modern cowgirls and ranch women by a guy named David Stocklien, I think. Dont want want to sound sexist, but these are the most stunning photos of ranch women I have ever seen, the beauty, and character, in this pictorial is awsome. Oh and yes. my wife approved it and gave it a g-rating.

I was introduced to David Stoecklein photography a few years ago. I love it. have several of his coffee table books and try to get a calendar every year. Kinda inspired me to get my camera clickin. I dont have the scenery he's got available to him, but it's still got me to really payin attention to takin pictures. I also have a Cowboy Journal book form calendar that I write the daily happenins in ever evenin, kinda like a diary. but each page has a photo oposite to that week. Shoer gave it to me for Christmas, one of the best presents I've ever gotten,(beat the heck outta the box of "Idaho spud Candy" hehe) Everthang I've written down will be there for my grandkids to read.
To me what makes his pictures so good is the golden color most of them seem to have. Just gives em a lil extra punch. I've read alot that he's written about photograpy and try to pattern my photo's after his work.
I know alot of his stuff is staged, not always caught in the actual act of what's there. But still great pictures.

http://www.stoeckleinphotography.com/

Yes David is awsome. He gives inspiration to alot of people. His journals are great. I get asked about mine all the time.
If you want Classic timeless western photography you need to get ahold of some books by Ansel Adams. He has some great coffee table books and all his work is in black and white.

Latest posts