• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cows are slowly coming home off of grazing allotment

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Wyoming Wind

Reaction score
We have about 2/3's of our girls home off of our forest allotment. Had a couple of good gathering days but since our allotment burnt 3 years ago, it's really hard to find black cows in a "forest" of black burnt trees. Supposed to get a weather chance early next week which will hopefully get the remainders to start thinking about heading home. Hunting season has been very hard, very very warm, so not many hunters are out and about. They tend to "bump" our cattle pretty good!

Here is one of my favorite pairs that made it home together. She's not real pretty but she is gentle and raises a good sized calf.

A view looking west towards our allotment...the cows come home and eat off our hay fields

Here is in my opinion our best producing cow...every year she has the biggest calf. Tried to talk the hubby into keeping him a bull but no can do, I guess!

Our 14 month old chasing Grandma's chickens...that's a big no no with the puppy but it's just too darn cute to get mad at when he is doing it!

Here's that big calf again...shoulda coulda woulda!

Shipping date is in less than a month...lots of sorting and gathering left to do and hopefully more pounds on our calves. Favorite time of the year with the leaves changing and the days still pretty warm for our country. We could use a good rain, er, snow though!

lemme know if you (or any neighboring outfits) could use some help. Meeteetse here; looking for work. long or short-term.

If you left click once on the photo in photobucket before you right click for the url it will get the picture to a good size ( not to big or small )

Thanks for posting,

My Grand daughter will turn 4 nov 12th and my grand son will turn 1 on Jan 26th - - - It seems like yesturday my son was just starting to walk, Treasure those pictures

ltdumbear2 said:
lemme know if you (or any neighboring outfits) could use some help. Meeteetse here; looking for work. long or short-term.
We don't hire out, just a family operation! Not sure if any of the bigger outfits are hiring, they are getting ready for fall gathering and shipping. Just call around the area...look in Daniel or Big Piney. Good luck to you!

George said:
If you left click once on the photo in photobucket before you right click for the url it will get the picture to a good size ( not to big or small )

Thanks for posting,

My Grand daughter will turn 4 nov 12th and my grand son will turn 1 on Jan 26th - - - It seems like yesturday my son was just starting to walk, Treasure those pictures
Thanks George...i'll give that a try next time...still learning how to do all of this! I can't believe how fast these past 14 months have gone...so glad I have videoed much of his milestones to remember!

Latest posts