• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cows from canada

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AngusCowBoy

Reaction score
Was looking at Peak Dot Angus, Hamilton Farms, and Soo Line Angus, and was wondering if a person can import cows into the united states, and if you can what kind of tests do you have to do? Also another question is which one of the operations I named are the best for funtional growthy cattle angus genetics?

All are good outfits.Would go to Hamiltons myself. Think 3 of the best bulls of
any breed I.ve ever seen are at that place.Kodaik, Tiger and El.Tigre.
Progeny on em is a level up on most cattle.real good male calves and females are
extra special.If you seen one .you seen em all.Calves all have same stamp.
Short gestation easy calving .great proformance.bulls are thick.hfrs very stylish.
Good udders great teats.very easy do.en cattle.
Rob and Gail are great people.great eye for cattle.knew .em when they got married
and did.nt own a 22 rifle between the two of them.That place is proof that hard
work.good cattle and character takes you places.Been going to that sale since it
started.same people sit on the same spot year after year and buy the same number
of bulls seems like.thinking they could just send bulls and then invoice their customers.
Just what I.am thinking for what its worth.If you ever can,look at that cowherd.

Ole Farms in Athabasca have a pretty strong herd of black and reds to. They stress moderate and maternal pretty hard. They have their annual bull sale coming up on the 20th.

Yeah I agree with Ole farms...They have bought the top Diamond D bulls over the years... Another I've heard tell makes good momma cows is Crowfoot Cattle Co...They have a lot of Ohlde breeding in their herd...

Check with your state Vet on rules on importing from Canada... I know for years cows haven't been allowed imported into MT without OCV for bangs- and since Canada doesn't allow that it was a catch-22... I heard the rules were laxing up a little lately...

Ole farms owns Ole's Oscar, the Red Angus bull that Crowfoots breeding. He's the backbone to their purebred red herd. Northern Rancher you must of bought those females privately from them? Just wondering. I worked for the Olson's on Ole farm two summers ago and really liked the type of cattle they had. Been waiting to make it back out to a bull sale but that dream will have to wait. Steers can't feed themselves eh?

Tyler bought them at their sale for the Waldorf Ranch then we both went down and calved them when his cow boss drug up. We calved a hundred and some hfrs out on grass and it went really well-the Waldorf has some great fields for late spring calving enough bush for shelter and to spread cattle out but not enough to really brush up and niice rolling hills. Ole's are great people to deal with. The heifers brought $1750 a couple months from callving seems like a bargain this year but it was the buzz for a week or two-a couple lots brought even more. I'm guessing two bills to gather them this year unless that country really dry again with no snow. My buddy buls bulls off the top of their sale every year-is pretty happy with results-I am pretty sure their foundation cows came from Crowfoot-they calve close to 2000 commercials and purebreds now.

Latest posts