• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crazy Daughter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
My daughter looked at me recently and informed me she wants to do a bred heifer project for 4-H. Ok.
Our vets daughter always did one but she bought an Angus heifer. well when I mentioned that to her I got a dirty look and a very loud NO!
So contacted H'76 about a heifer calf.

She miscounted the days til her Jersey heifer went into heat so she got my straw of Jersey semen. So I get her's.

Good luck to her with her newly-thought-of project.

Our daughter took a breeding heifer.....we bought it from the neighbor.
It was Simm Hereford cross. She called her 'Hutch' and that was the wildest heifer ever. We were building good corrals and didn't have them up yet, just had the posts set. The guys got a rope on the heifer while she was in the trailer (it was a short haul--like from across the road to our place) and when that trailer door opened she really went out! I can still see the neighbors son dallying around one of the corral posts to try to hold on to her. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that hurt! Was helping daughter clip her Jersey, Gwen, I got kicked in my right hand. Gwen was trying to eat daughters shirt then started licking my back as I was clipping her belly.

Show is the 16th. Just hoping her steer, Pot Roast, is fully finished. Had trouble getting him to eat feed. If we put out hay first he would ignore the feed so she changed her way of feeding by having him eat his feed first then giving him hay as he needed it. He is out on the pasture with my milk and her 2 calves. Vet suggested we switch from the calf creep he was eating to bull developer. Took awhile to get him switched. He is getting 25 pounds a day.

Latest posts