• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crazy People

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
I knew working at the store there would some weird people but there are 3 of them around that are just flat out looney!

One is a vegan from Cali who thinks he is Captain Jack Sparrow. Paints his face white and wears black eye make-up. He has been banned from almost every business in town due to his rudeness and other actions.

Had another winner today I really wonder if she was stoned out of her mind or something.
Came up to the register with several items then decided she didn't want one. Had this totally blank look to her face. Then after I rang everything up she then informed me she only had $10 and the cost was over $10. Took one item back and I gave her her change.
Came back about 10 minutes later and told me she got the wrong items. I refunded her money and she got the items she wanted instead.
Then she accused me of not refunding the whole $10. Told her I gave her back the amount of money that went into the till and she had been given the change.
Blank look. :roll:
She left. Told my co-worker if she comes back there was no way I was going to wait on her.

Another customer tried to pick a fight with me today over the dates on the packages of chicken. Told her it is frozen when it was delievered to us. She just yelled at me and I just smiled and looked at her like she was an idiot. She finally walked away.

Why do I always end up with the screwballs?

Might want to think about a concealed weapon.The crazies semm to be going off in all directions.

Got one woman who I think is either a multi personality or schzifrenic. She stands there and talks to herself. I do the common greeting then just say nothing. One of my co-workers tried to engage her in conversation and she started yelling. I told my co-worker since this woman has a mental illness to just not try to have a conversation with her.
This woman has also had the smell of pot about her too.

smalltime what makes you think I'm not packing something?

The world has become a scary place, I grew up in a community, we all knew each other, everyone helped each other, all the adults looked out for the children (if you did something wrong, you would get a whack from the witness adult, then again at home when the crime was exposed to parents) we played out in the bush all holidays, fishing, climbing the granite hills (koptjies) hunting and riding our bikes for miles, nobody worried as there were no threats to us from people and little to worry from wildlife, what a pity life has changed so much for our children/grandchildren.

Had a fun one yesterday.
I was talking with a customer who hunts coyotes and hunts on a neighbors property. Well this neighbor bought some property that borders us up north and we had talked earlier in the day about the fence in this one coulee and the rattle snake dens in that area.
As I was talking to the hunter about the rattle snakes this lady behind him pipes up asking if we had seen any snakes. Told her no and tried to continue our conversation. She just had to butt in and asked how much land my neighbor bought and how much he paid. That raised my hackles and I flat out told her it that it was rude to ask a person the size of their property and how much they paid for it. She shut her mouth.

My co-workers said they had never heard me get that short with a customer. They agreed it was none of her business.

Well the one I told you about who talks to herself stabbed her mother on Monday night. The mother survived.
Knew this was coming from how aggressive she had become.

Had a real weird guy this week!
He came in the store last Sunday and his actions freaked out my co-worker, well this woman is not freaked by a lot of things, she has worked in bars for years and can kick some serious butt! I love her!

Well this guy came in and was asking if our apples had seed's in them. Do our oranges have seeds? He just kept asking if these different fruits have seeds.
Asked me if we even carried bread. Told him where it was then he had a fit because of our credit card policy.
Came in last night and had a total fit because the chicken cooked by the meat department was gone.

Yeah. Got some real winners around here.

We also have the one guy who is now in the jail with his probation revoked. He called the store and made threats against the owners and one of my co-workers. No idea of what he was on, but sure glad the jailers are buddies of mine. The chief of police could not tell me if he was still in jail, but my buddies said he is still there. makes a person nervous when someone is buying 12 gallons of bleach and acting like they are drunk or high.

Latest posts