• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crazy times in our neck of the woods.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been able to post much lately. These three daughters of ours have been keeping us going. Our oldest in at William Penn University in Okaloosa Iowa. She got a scholarship there in cross country and track. She really enjoys the area because it doesn't have the Texas heat and have met some great people there. Our middle daughter has been busy in high school band and drama. She will be graduating next year and not sure what she wants to do. Our youngest which is a sophomore is looking to graduate early. She has been getting recruiting information from several universities from around the country. She is wanting to go into airspace engineering. She has the mind set to be able to do just about anything. She tested in the top 2% of all Texas high school kids. I been busy working around our place trying to catch up on things before I hopefully land another job. I have some applications in with Texas Agrilife at there main office on Texas A&M main campus. One other thing I been working on is getting solar panels on part of our place. Companies building these are paying $500 per acre and up. They want to lease the land for 35-40 years. Wife and I hopefully our place will pass the requirement. Here is our oldest daughter practice her shooting skills before heading back to Iowa. The next picture is our other two just hanging out.🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_172220376.jpg
    IMG_20200412_172220376.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200412_174523518_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200412_174523518_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Thanks for checking in. Good to hear y'all are well. I have a daughter in college too. Hard to believe how quick they grow up. Good luck in the job search and with the solar panel lease.

Be careful with solar panels. If the company goes broke like windmill or oil and gas companies your family could be left with a super expensive clean up.
Thirteen years ago nobody would have believed what is going on in Alberta today.

Be careful with solar panels. If the company goes broke like windmill or oil and gas companies your family could be left with a super expensive clean up.
Thirteen years ago nobody would have believed what is going on in Alberta today.
That's no joke. He had oil wells on the places we own that haven't produced in years. I had the Texas Rail Road Commission out last week to see what they can do to clean everything up. I have a injection station that belong to the oil company that got hit by lighting in 2015. The plastic tanks burned up but still has metal tanks and several pipe lines across the location. Brush is starting to grow up on the location. I was after the oil company to get it cleaned up until they went belly up. So now the state of Texas has to do it. One thing I hate dealing with the state is they will take for ever to get it back to normal pasture.

Latest posts