• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

crop pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

passin thru

Reaction score
cornsunset.jpg

corn sunset
sideoats.jpg

grass=sideoats
buffalo-grama.jpg

buffalo and grama grass
bluegrama.jpg

blue grama
foragesorghum-1.jpg

forage sorghum
headersunset.jpg

header sunset

FH
I was wondering the same thing
it must have been a really good year for blue grama.I planted some in a pasture mix in a field down here about 4 years ago and this is the first year that it has really done much.we have some pasture in north east Neb and there is blue grama in places i have never seen it before.
nothing like yours Passin that grass looks good

sideoats might be my favorite grass it grows well here and the cattle like it
we also have alot of big and little bluestem.Can anyone get your cows to eat little bluestem without grazing the rest of the grass to nothing? :x

Nice pictures, passin thru. Looks like a lot of feed in your country. Wanna buy some good steer calves?

Your name "passin thru" reminds me of an itinerant square dance caller that occasionally called dances up in this neck of the woods. He was slightly speech impaired, and had twubo ponouncing his "Rs". The dance commands always came out "slide thoo" and "pass thoo". A neighbor lady pointed it out to me, and she was right. :wink: :)

Passin' thru-----I KNEW you had it in ya!!! Nice looking country and that last picture is simply breath-taking!!! About time!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Whoa Nelly!!!! Passin Thru.... things do look good in your country!!! Good for you guys!!! With all the drought you've been through, you definitely deserve it. That grass would only look better if it had a few of your good Herf mommas on it!!!

That last pic sure is pretty...might give Soap a run for his money with it!!! :wink:
Thanks for sharing....

Cheers to Passin Thru's good year!

TTB :wink:

Thanks TTB and FH, RW, Soapweed and everyone

I've had those pics for about a week and hated to show you guys because of all you are dealing with. And to think we were as brown as winter till the last of June...........just after the fires is when our moisture started.

The crops are irrigated so they might be a little deceiving. However the dryland crops do look good if we do not get an early freeze. The grass pics I took on a mad rush one evening. Hate to tell you this but cows were in a couple of those pastures, just over the hill. I have never seen anything like it. Not a lot of rain...........just perfectly timed.

Hope you guys had a good weekend

Latest posts