• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crossing the Snake River 6/62007 pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
Since I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to get ready to go take pictures, I'm surprise more of my shots weren't fuzzy..lol We had an hour to drive to the roundup of a little over 800 pairs, and 40 bulls...then out the gate, across the highway, through 2 small pastures and the first cows were at the river by 7:30...It went really good today...It takes about 20-25 minutes to get all the critters across, then they go about 7-9 more miles to get to the summer pastures...I hear they made it to pasture in good time...I came back,,did my morning checks...then took a nap! I didn't ride today, cause hubby needed my horse, cause he loaned his out to a horseless rider..lol Hope ya enjoy em...

DSC00243.jpg

First set of cows to the river

DSC00263.jpg

Not wanting to get their tails wet...

DSC00253.jpg

View of the herd down one side and up the other.

DSC00284.jpg

Kurt on young mare...

DSC00292.jpg

The tailend pushing them towards the river.

DSC00306.jpg

Making sure this one didn't get away...(poor dog..lol)

DSC00302.jpg

Got all the calves down to the river...now push!

DSC00309.jpg

Hubby and his dog Jade...

DSC00311.jpg

Last of the riders crossing

Nice pics Jassy. I'm glad you got up bright and early to take them. I'm also glad it wasn't me trying to push that bunch of calves across! That is my least favorite part of moving cattle, unless the calves are accustomed to crossing creeks, and fortunately, ours generally are.

Neat pictures! Looks like you got plenty of help. Would sure be fun to get away and go canoeing.

Great Pictures Jassy!!!! Looks like it's a lil chilly there, all the guys have long sleeves or jackets on.

Amazing that a picture story on here can conjure up the noises that go along with it all. Thanks for sharin your mornin.

Where was Jazzy? didnt she get to go?

Brings back memories. I managed a small place near the forest between the Niobrara and Snake so of Nenzel. A fella named Burge, but he sold years ago. Later I worked for Hub McMurtrey. I saw somewhere recently that place was going up for auction.

Well been off this thing for a while..working out of town and with school :(. JASSYYYY you always do a great job. I hadnt seen my future birthday picture yet? hmm....lol. Not use to seeing hubby in spring gear lol...well guess I did once.

Huggss keep fluttering....love them pics..ohhh if things work out might be seeing you about the end of July or first part of August. Still waiting to see.

Easty

That is quite the country (and pictures too :wink: ) you have there Jassy. Not too many ranchers can have the experience you guys went through the other day. I bet it is one of those jobs you look forward too, then also are glad when it is over.

I am sure glad you went to take the pictures for us. Thanks!

Glad ya'll enjoyed our day. Sure glad we got em moved when we did, cause I think summer is here...90's the next few days...not good cattledrive weather...lol

Lilly,,,Jazzy was there, but tied in the pickup going bonkers wanting to do her job...but since I wasn't horseback..and wanted to take pictures...I didn't think they needed her help..lol...she was not happy with me at all. Oh well!

Thanks for taking the time for the picture story Jassy,always enjoy seeing how it's done some where else.................good luck

Latest posts