• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crystalix?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well if I can get serious for a minite I think Kelly Fitzpatrick at Fir Mountain sells MLS tubs . I think their is a dealer for other tubs at Asquith. I just don't like the cost of protien in those tubs.

Faster horses said:
...or what you are paying for molasses as a carrier for the protein...

I had a mollasses mess the other day-- Been having coons get into my grain area in the barn- tearing up sacks and spreading rolled barley and corn all over...So the other day I set some #2 traps around the bin....Next morning I came out and had a big old boar coon caught good- but in his thrashing around he had dumped over and knocked the top off a 5 gallon bucket of mollasses I use to get calves started eating grain.....After I dispatched him, I had a sticky mess trying to get the traps off...Luckily it was cool enough that what he didn't smear around was in one big glob and easy to pick up....

Sweetpro makes a tub that is efficient to use on cows and for starting calves. THere is a plant in ND and dealer in your area of Canada. We put them out in the late fall for fall calving cows and spring calving cows also. Much more reasonably priced than Crystlix I like the ingredients better.The reason we feed protein this way in the fall for awhile is so we don't have to go to pastures every day. It works good for us,but may not be what you want in your area.
website www.sweetpro.com

Try Taylor's at the saskatoon auction mart.If Larry doesn't have it,he will try his best to get it for you.

Northern Rancher Asked: does anybody know the names of any Crystalyx dealers in Saskatchewan.

I realize Vermilion's 1/2 hour into Alberta, but I'm pretty sure the Vet Clinic there sells Crystalyx tubs.

Latest posts