• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cull prices?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

young gun

Reaction score
looks like cull prices are a sight better than they were a year ago. some producers claiming they are getting around 50 cents/lb, dad sent 5 culls in this week. guess we will see how they do.

Age papers can be good for up to 10 cents a pound.

We sold a cow for 45 cents, with papers, in pretty good shape with no grain. She was worth 80 dollars more than the bred cows we bought in December. Go figure.

Who would have thought a couple of years ago that cull cows would be the only thing on the market that are a good price. :? :? :? What a strange world.

Kato
I do believe we are seeing the results of a shortage of kill cattle. Now if we could only get paid like the oil guys do when there is a fuel shortage!

Supply and demand isn't it great when it someone isn't messing with it. Can buy a cow ready to calve for less than a cull we sold last fall. But Hfrs are still too low and i have taken that cull money and put it into replacement hfrs currently i am AI breeding them for spring calves. We'll see if it was a good decision rather than buying breds for the short term.

When this cull cow run slows ( after calving slows down and cows go to pasture one last time ) will the price of fats increase? Still a lot of summer to eat ground beef at the campsites. Is there still a shortage of ground beef and where will it come from?

We shipped two Tuesday, got 38 cents for one and 51 for the other (Holsteins). Course that was before any of the buyers knew Gencor was bankrupt, most of them were planning on reshipping them up there on the next load they could get them on.

Latest posts