• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cup of Coffee!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saddletramp

Reaction score
This is Mrs Saddletramp.

A friend of ours sent this along and I thought everyone would like to see her handywork! About as good as a "Wanted Poster" don't you think?

http://www.royeli.com/html/crafty_projects_24.html

JB

I would agree that it is neither one of you folks.

Looks to me like they could be younger versions tho'.

Way I see it, neither one of them boys has had to add an extra hole to his belt!!!

:D :D

Take care,

B.C.

BC
Ain't it the truth?!!!!!

I am proud to say that since the branding/fencing season has started that I've actually had to go to the smaller hole in my belt! :lol:

Now if I can just stay working and keep away from too much good cooking, I'll be slim and trim in no time! :lol:

JB

I have a similar problem. I figured it might cure itself when wife decided she wanted to go back to work part time.

In fact it has got worse.

Our two teen aged daughters have stepped up to the plate - literally - and it is always full of excellent food when I am ready to tuck in.

Mom did too good a job teaching them two!!

:D

B.C.

My wife works to support my ranching habit and I cook quite a bit. But I usually cook what I like so I always over eat! :shock:

Enjoy them kids while they are around. We've got ours all close for a little while and it's been a joy. The youngest son and fiance are down in the hills. The wedding is next week. I didn't think that boy did much around here until he was gone and I had to do everything by myself! Gonna have to steal my nephews boy this summer so, I got some help. Tristan is 7 or 8 and about the right size to start workin' with his uncle. And I think his dad would go for the deal for a week or two! :lol:

Maybe you guys can tell me if this is true. I heard that when Soapweed and the Mrs. were first married they were dicussung who should get up and make the morning coffee. Now Soapweed said that since he spent the day outdoors that Mrs Soapweed should get up first but Mrs Soapweed said that the Bible say the man should make the coffee, in fact their is a whole book dedicated to just that. Called HE-BREWS :wink: :cowboy:

Sure sounds right to me! :lol:

Reminds me of the guy who was telling a friend that he and his wife had gotten twin beds. His friend asked how that worked for marital relations. The guy replied, "We use the hat method. I wear a hat to bed and when I get into my bed I throw the hat to my wife. Sometimes she throws it back and sometimes she brings it back!" :wink:

JB

You make that Tristan work hard - but make it fun and work with him - take time to laugh - guarantee you will have a "hand for life".

I make the girls do all sorts of man things around here. Calving, haying, cutting, doctoring and such. They do ALL of the fencing - apparently I am not good enough to meet their standards. Who am I to argue? 8)

When I am gone they run the show and I never worry. (Much).

But judging from the number of fella's that hover around here - they must clean up nice. Their friends come over to give a hand once in a while. :D

Date my daughter you hafta "prove up". :D Oldest daughter gave last one a black eye for - her words - "taking liberties". Haven't seen him in a couple of months - suspect he will not be back. I just keep my mouth shut at times like that.

Had oldest daughter's girlfriend tell me she wished I was her Dad - dang near broke my heart.

They tell me I am a loud S.O.B. - you can hear me yelling from almost anywhere on the place - comes from being half deaf. Initially the newbies are a trifle nervous around me - but they soon learn I am a lot softer than I sound. I always have time to play - life is too short.

Even help with the homework once in a while - keeps me sharp and it is fun to play with the teachers mind by shaping the girls to not be afraid to challenge convention. :D

Wife says I am way too soft a touch for money and wheels as well - seems I always have at least one vehicle in town at the movies or shopping. Funny thing is I have not been in a theatre in about 15 years.

I dread the day the last one leaves.

He-Brews - good one. Danged if I will tell Wife that one.

Darned good thing that fella' never wears his boots to bed - one of those come flying back it might hurt. :eek:

Gotta run - stay well.

B.C.

BC
Great post!

When my wife lived in town and put the boys thru' school, it was the place to hang out for a lot of kids. She worked at Wall Drug and they always hire a lot of college students for the summer. The Mrs. was always bringing one or two home for "a home cooked meal" and there were usually several parties during the summer, down there. She would bring a few select ones out to the ranch. We made some good friends and we still keep in touch. Some of them kids that spent so much time with ours still come to visit and it ain't just to see our kids! :lol:

One year the Mrs. brought 3 young ladies from eastern Europe out to the ranch, who were working at the store that summer. We gave them a tour and got them all on horseback. It was a very interesting day! Something about a trotting horse and a well endowed woman that just fascinates me! My wife say's I'm terrible. I say that I like to admire God's great works and they come in all forms!

And that don't mean I want to own any or all of them. Beauty comes in all sizes and shapes in this world and I appreciate them all.

Kids can be lots of fun, but sad and frustrating. I sure wouldn't want to go thru' that stage of my life again , unless I got to know what I know now! :lol:

Only bad part about being friends with my kids friends is all of the weddings that we need to go to about now and all of the friends scattered across the country we would like to go see.

I can identify with your being loud. I am too, I guess and for the same reason. Took a hearing test to prove to people I really was going deaf. Tried one of them hearing aids and they sure are a pain. It is kind of handy if you want to ignore someone as you can just act like you didn't hear them! :shock:

Hug them kids and pray for them. They are the best crops we raise.

Latest posts