• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cure for illegal immigration problem

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mrj said:
Wouldn't simply deporting them back DEEP into Mexico be worse punishment than putting them in US jails? No more of this 'ring-around-rosie' game of dumping them just across the border and they beat the agents back into the US.

BTW, I read last night that the going wage for picking veggies in Calif. is about $12.00 per hour, and that many of the farmers are now finding it easier to move their operations into Mexico for a reliable supply of better workers and eliminate the hassles by compliance and/or raids by immigration agents. Anyone have any first-hand information on that?

mrj

We have a deal going right now in the SanLuis Valley, where the workers are picked up in Mexico , bussed to Center Colorado, put up in inspected housing , fed 3 squares a day(for which they pay $9) they pick for a set time frame @$9 an hour. They pay no taxes including Social Security, and when they are done they have 2 weeks to get out of the country or be considered illegal. The wave of the future? Maybe!! By the way this is a government program. Lock Stock and Barrel

Oh! I forgot, they also get time and a half after 8.

This is a better deal than my 18 year old was able to get working construction for college money this summer, and he speaks English

elwapo said:
Robertmac
I agree with your solution !

There is no moral way to deport millions of children that were born on your soil into a third world country!

We don't to deport anybody. You simpy make it illegal to hire illegals, establish that all goods created by illegal labor are seizable contraband, and deny government benefits that they don't qualify for in the first place. They'll move back to their country, where they belong in the first place, on their own.

SandHusker, I'm with you except I'm amazed at the sophistication of illegal documents. They're sure good enough to put a mom & pop farmer in jail. The giants may be sophisticated enough to ferret out fraudulent documents.

Brad S said:
SandHusker, I'm with you except I'm amazed at the sophistication of illegal documents. They're sure good enough to put a mom & pop farmer in jail. The giants may be sophisticated enough to ferret out fraudulent documents.

Even now the corporate giants are having trouble with forged and stolen documents, Smithfields factory near here has had yet another raid, many of the illegals caught this time have evaded several previous fedral investigations, and have been employed for as long as ten years!

andybob said:
Brad S said:

Even now the corporate giants are having trouble with forged and stolen documents, Smithfields factory near here has had yet another raid, many of the illegals caught this time have evaded several previous fedral investigations, and have been employed for as long as ten years!

Some of that may be true, but I'm pretty sure a lot get hired without much concern. I know of a case where an illegal worked for Swift in Grand Island. On payday his check was short becasue of a garnishment. It turned out that the individual who's soc. # he was using had a court order against him for back child support. The Mex. quit, went back to Texas, got another soc. # and got his old job back. Same guy, same job, different soc. # - and Swift is whining that it's hard to know.... :roll:

Another example; We had an individual come in to open a checking account. Not knowing him, we ran a quick check on him on ChexSystems, a simple service that checks to see if he had hung any other banks in the past. This was a hispanic man and the information came back matched that soc # to a guy with an Irish last name in Ohio. It took some little back water bank in Nebraska 30 seconds to find out his ID was fake. I simply don't believe that there isn't an easy to root out these people. Our sold-out government just doesnt' want to make it easy.

On a positive note, two years ago my staff consisted of 8 Mexicans, as I promoted and transferred trained staff to other company farms, they were replaced with more Mexicans from the bottomless pit of cheap labour. Since the company has had to use the Federal screening system, very few Mexicans are applying, I presently have; 1Polish, 1 Puerto Rican, 1 Mexican, and five American workers, two of my American workers say they have been turned down for interviews in the past when applying for work. They both work just as hard as the immigrants. Some of the apparent lack of interest in Agricultural positions by local people has been manipulated by the H.R. department not wanting to hire willing locals in these positions (for whatever reason).

SandHusker - My wife went into Bank O the West in Gordon and opened a checking acount, they said her social didn't match her name and froze the funds. Michelle couldn't give them a more correct number to fix things because the problem was theirs. I was planning on banking at Security First in Rushville so Michelle asked them about the social security number deal. They said the Frenchies had hickied her name on the bank blacklist but her number was good. So I've been pretty satisified with Sec First until recently.

A month ago we bought some school clothes over at Young's in Valentine, then a couple weeks later got a call from Young's saying we gave them a check on a closed acount. THat's absolute horse$hit - I don't bounce checks much less write fraudulent checks, but as much as I try to explain to Young's I can't unring that bell. We trade with Young's and I value my reputatuin with them or anyone else for that matter. We called Security First and they say it was a mistake with a new person, but I'll never understand (don't believe) an account with money in it can be mistaken for a closed account. Livid is an understatement - I absolutely considered bringing suit in Cherry County District Court so Young's could hear testimony about what happened. My wife sez everyone makes mistakes, let's get the bank to send a bank check and an explaination and we'll all still be friends. I still wonder what Young's thinks, but that's what we did.

Latest posts