• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Current ranch photos, the fast version

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Redmeat.jpg

Red meat
His23rdbirthdaysupperandhismotherco.jpg

Mrs. Soapweed and oldest son, Will, and more red meat
Outstandingweldercowboyandall-aroun.jpg

Will--outstanding welder, cowboy, and all-around good guy
Tradedahorseforthisbuggyyearsago.jpg

Traded a saddle horse for this buggy quite a few years ago
Gettingthemin.jpg

Gathering the last of the bulls
Soapweedysmile.jpg

Saddletramp took my picture, because I had the fresh haircut
Bullswonderingwherearethecows.jpg

Bulls wondering, "Where's the beef cows?"

Soapweed, I have noticed that you have some black calves and some red calves.

When you sell calves are they sorted by color?

If so, does one color sell for more than the other?

Just curious.

Yeap, looked like a good meal waitin to set down at. Soap? you cook?
And how do you git your pictures to download fast?
I'm such a "non-puter" geek when it comes to this stuff. If it weren't for my kid teachin me "how to" I'd not be able to do any of it.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap, looked like a good meal waitin to set down at. Soap? you cook?
And how do you git your pictures to download fast?
I'm such a "non-puter" geek when it comes to this stuff. If it weren't for my kid teachin me "how to" I'd not be able to do any of it.

Lilly----your kids have to teach you, too!!??? I thought it was just me!! The teens in the house simply laugh when they see me struggling with the latest "technology"! :D

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
OH!!! click click click click...n they are done!!!! I'm like..ok now do it in slow motion for the ole lady.

I am now sure that our children are in secret negotiations and are plotting against us, Lilly!!! they sound like they are cut from the very same cloth!! :eek:

Oh my son absolutely hates it when I git a wild hair and buy a new program for the computer..cuz he knows he's gonna hafta help me.
But what's really funny is when Grandma calls and wants him down there to help her with the tv remote..or vcr...or sattelite. Grandpa has a bad habit of fallin asleep with the remote in his hand..finger ona button...and it deprograms itself when that happens. :D

Boy, now does that sound like here! Mother-in-law is forever phoning me to come fix the cable tv because father-in-law fell asleep with the remote in his hand!

Wow!

Great pics and really fast download on this long thin string they call a telephone line.

Share your secret young man!!

:D

B.C.

Mike said:
Soapweed, I have noticed that you have some black calves and some red calves.

When you sell calves are they sorted by color?

If so, does one color sell for more than the other?

Just curious.

I just like to see red calves following red cows, and black calves with black cows. We sort for color to sell. Sometimes the blacks bring the most and sometimes the reds do.

Every year I think the red steers will outweigh the black ones. Usually the big load of black steers outweighs the red ones, but we have more black ones to choose from.

Nice calves and cows do love those red ones. But we have both and like you said depends sometimes the red ones out sell the black ones. What kind of red cows are those? We run shorthorn bulls on our crossbred cows.

Latest posts