• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

custom baling prices

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rustynail

Reaction score
Just wondering what others are charging for custom baling this year.

Cut with a disc mower, tedder, rake and bale. It is up to the customer to get it out of the field.

Last year I charged $2.00 per small square bale and $7.00 per 4 x 5 round bale.

Road fuel just went to $4.55 today and off road fuel was $4.15 the other day.

Twine is at $40.00 per bundle.

Just wondering.

G3

we are charging 80$ an acre thats mowing tedder if needed rake and bail.diesel here is 4.75 i believe red fuel is 4.35

$25. Cut, rake and roll 4x5's. By the time I add fertilizer to it cost would run $55 per roll. I just bought some pretty good last years hay for $30 per roll. Diesel here is $4.75 dyed is $4.29. It's tough. Quite a few smaller operators are selling their cows.

we charge $10 and acre for swathing

$8 an acre to rake
and $14 a bale for the big squares...neighbor is getting $11 for a big round.

Neighbor gets 11.00 plus fuel per acre for cutting. 8.00 for 4x5 round.
Another nieghbor here will round bale for 25% of the hay. I get 18.00 an acre for cutting and raking. $8.00 for 4x5 rounds. I square bale for myself but another nieghbor will square bale for 25% of the hay. Last year big 3x8 squares were $8.00. This year it looks like it will be more profitable to sell the cattle and cash crop hay. A month ago 1500 lb rounds were $85.00 plus. :roll:

Its about $25 a bale here for 4x5's,I have a couple neighbors that I still bale for cheaper than that,and do my own,just to hard to move equipment in and out of these small fields around here,and lots of places have been tracted up bringing alot of traffic,add the high costs of diesel,fertilizer,parts and twine,dont forget the drought............why bother?
good luck

Latest posts