• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Custom wintering cows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thats a pretty good deal. I called sandhills about something else. They had a 2650 that was very very clean, knowing who had it & they were wanting 17500. 2650 is a good machine. 2620 I guess they had trouble where the loading table would pivot, welds breaking. So they went to the 2640, then right had discharge on the 50. Guess a new model this year.

Thats something Ive always been curious about is how often do people change out their flails. Id think 4500 bales wouldn't need changed, but if they are going to do it for ya what the heck! I know mine are getting rounded. Ive never changed them out yet. Pretty expensive to do, so I haven't done it. I think where the pivot on the bolt is probably more of an issue than the cutting end. I know some that haven't done it and have at least twice as much hay through their machine.

Amo said:
Thats a pretty good deal. I called sandhills about something else. They had a 2650 that was very very clean, knowing who had it & they were wanting 17500. 2650 is a good machine. 2620 I guess they had trouble where the loading table would pivot, welds breaking. So they went to the 2640, then right had discharge on the 50. Guess a new model this year.

Thats something Ive always been curious about is how often do people change out their flails. Id think 4500 bales wouldn't need changed, but if they are going to do it for ya what the heck! I know mine are getting rounded. Ive never changed them out yet. Pretty expensive to do, so I haven't done it. I think where the pivot on the bolt is probably more of an issue than the cutting end. I know some that haven't done it and have at least twice as much hay through their machine.

Well I bit the bullet and bought it. They included another set of flails, which were just under $400. Salesman said it didn't need them quite yet, he'd run it a while before replacing them, but was willing to include them and a liquid feed attachment (came with the trade-in, but wasn't installed) for $10,700 plus tax.

Side note, I had my first experience with a silage adapted baler. The Knife option cuts the hay up pretty nicely. I certainly liked the looks of it. I also like doing it going into the bale better. More compact bales and seems cheaper than adding a cut process after baling to feed.

Latest posts