• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cuttin firewood

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
We've got a huge tree down, layin across the creek. tree top on house side of the creek. Decided this afternoon (even tho it was 80 degrees) that we would go cut somemore wood.

Had to put a chain on a couple branches and pull them out of the creek.
2005-11-13-005.jpg

While working, I somehow or another bagged a doe (kinda scrawny) but she had awsome set of horns....hehehe
2005-11-13-002.jpg

Mr. Lilly sawin em up.
2005-11-13-008.jpg

My lil toyota, with a decent load.
2005-11-13-011.jpg

Was a nice afternoon, enjoyed it thoroughly, that lil gal sure keeps us laffin.

Lilly,I see you got bumpers for your toyota,they look good who made em ?............................good luck

Mr Lilly done em, got himself a hydraulic pipe bender down at the shop.....new toy(new to him anyway)....front one's not finished yet, still needs a few minor things added, like some blinkers, then a shot of paint. That model toyota had the blinkers in the bumper, so mine had a set of external blinkers that haven't made it back on there since he started the bumper. But least now I got some protection, when the cows get goofy and wanna push and fight, I dont hafta worry bout em cavin in the front. I told him it looked like a "hog roller" bumper..(instead of cow catcher) hehe

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Mr Lilly done em, got himself a hydraulic pipe bender down at the shop.....new toy(new to him anyway)....front one's not finished yet, still needs a few minor things added, like some blinkers, then a shot of paint. That model toyota had the blinkers in the bumper, so mine had a set of external blinkers that haven't made it back on there since he started the bumper. But least now I got some protection, when the cows get goofy and wanna push and fight, I dont hafta worry bout em cavin in the front. I told him it looked like a "hog roller" bumper..(instead of cow catcher) hehe

Well looks like he did a good job,better n store bought and less money,That wood is gonna come in mighty handy,supposed to be a front blowing in mid week,temps in the thirties here in the Hill country,I guess Im gonna have to find me some woolies these canuckle heads keep talkin bout,have you ever heard of such a thing ?...................good luck PS I dont see how they could be better than carhartts but big dummie thinks so.Maybe he is right about some thing for once?

Woolies? With the temps in the 30's? Hell, we don't break them out till it's at least 20 below! You all don't know what cold is!

Shelly said:
Woolies? With the temps in the 30's? Hell, we don't break them out till it's at least 20 below! You all don't know what cold is!

20 below,a man would need alot of antifreeze in that kinda weather,hafta get my cab tractor to feed with,tell me about these woolies............good luck PS get your water fixed?

Ummmm woolies.....as in wooly chaps? LOL ya gotta have sheep before ya can make a pair of those......n that just aint happenin. No THANK YOU!!!!(eww I bet them thangs stank to high heaven when they get wet) Haymaker.....get ya some 100% silk longjons.....they are thin but are warmer than them regular longjons.....and your right, a pair of carharts to layer on the warmth, that'away when it starts out below freezin in the mornin..you can always shuck em when around 2 pm it's up to 70.

Ummmm woolies.....as in wooly chaps? LOL ya gotta have sheep before ya can make a pair of those......n that just aint happenin. No THANK YOU!!!!(eww I bet them thangs stank to high heaven when they get wet) Haymaker.....get ya some 100% silk longjons.....they are thin but are warmer than them regular longjons.....and your right, a pair of carharts to layer on the warmth, that'away when it starts out below freezin in the mornin..you can always shuck em when around 2 pm it's up to 70.

Lilly I dont think the smell would bother big dummie much,I have it from good source he never washes em any way,I think I told you that story bout him catchin the influenza last year?
When Miss Tam got him to the clinic ,first thing doc sez is I needa urine & stool sample,well ole BMR dont hear well any way and with his ears all stopped up with the flu......what's that......... what's that.... you say Doc?Miss Tam tells big dummie he needs your woolies gotta take some samples :D :D :D ..............good luck

yeah I told you that story bout gettin trapped out at the pens when two ladies come early one morning selling magazines.
No tellin what woulda happened if I would have had silk long handles,I am gonna ask the canadian hussie that has been givin me french lessons what she thinks :wink: ..........good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Shelly said:

20 below,a man would need alot of antifreeze in that kinda weather,hafta get my cab tractor to feed with,tell me about these woolies............good luck PS get your water fixed?

Nope, no fix on the water yet.
Actually, myself, I just wear blue jeans most of the time doing chores till about -15, and then just throw on my coveralls for when it's colder. No longjohns for me. I don't like to feel I'm waddlin' across the yard!

Actully Lily those wooly chaps aren't sheep but Angora goat. Which Texas has the largest population . So if you and Haymaker come north you better round up your goats or Haymaker can just bring himself. :cowboy:

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!HOT DAMN BOY, I have to admitt,you go first class,ya hear that Lilly,big muddy's long johns are made oughta mohair :D :D :D PS here I was trying to figure out if I could afford silk ones

I git ribbed all the time about bein a "goat farmer" when daughter gets her 2 - 4H goats, usually in january or early feb. Other than that, I'm not in goat or sheep country. But there's lots of them in the Hill Country where HayMakers at. Some years tho (not this one) when there's plenty of rain and lots of vines and underbrush....I think it'd pay to turn some goats in on the woods.

I git ribbed all the time about bein a "goat farmer" when daughter gets her 2 - 4H goats, usually in january or early feb. Other than that, I'm not in goat or sheep country. But there's lots of them in the Hill Country where HayMakers at. Some years tho (not this one) when there's plenty of rain and lots of vines and underbrush....I think it'd pay to turn some goats in on the woods.

I'm not in goat or sheep country. But there's lots of them in the Hill Country where HayMakers at.

Thanks Lily for confirming what we all ready knew .Haymaker is a sheep herdin' goat chaser. Or the other way around. :cowboy:

I always thought Haymaker "DOTH PROTEST TO MUCH" but know we know your little secret Haymaker and it's not that you were silk underware. :wink: :eek: :shock:

Big Muddy rancher said:

I'm not in goat or sheep country. But there's lots of them in the Hill Country where HayMakers at.

Thanks Lily for confirming what we all ready knew .Haymaker is a sheep herdin' goat chaser. Or the other way around. :cowboy:

I always thought Haymaker "DOTH PROTEST TO MUCH" but know we know your little secret Haymaker and it's not that you were silk underware. :wink: :eek: :shock:

I have no use for sheep or goats,like elmo said "aint nuthin dummer then a sheep or goat ceptin his owner"
I think you are the one that keeps goats so you can get that mohair for your undies.Do all "real canadian cattle men" wear those woolies or is this just a personal prefernce?................good luck

Latest posts