• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cutting Studs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Funny fh and katrina, he did enjoy his beers (k_ranch) although I am sure it took him more than an hour and a half to type that much.... Posting is truly almost painful for him. :shock: That makes his rate of consumption a little slower than he said. :roll: :wink: Men!

He was in the mood to reminicse (sp) though, we stayed up till midnight or so talking about the history and people who have been in this area. It was fun. :p

Next time he'll have to let us all know (me too!) and we can drink a beer with him. :wink: 8)

Have a good one!

katrina said:
Has anyone heard the old wives tale to cut stallions in the months with an r? My vet cuts them standing up... Gives them a shot and some penicillian and whaaa laaa their done. Says to turn them out on some pature and excersice is good.
I would think that the reason for not cutting them in months with no "R" in them (May, June, July, August) is because that is hot, summer, FLY months and you would be risking infection and stress and overheating. Sound logical?

DOC HARRIS

Wish i was sharing a sixpack with K ranch. I like how he thinks, and inperson the keyboard wouldn't obstruct (the beer drinking).

Yes that is exactly right, in the northern states. No flies and they don't bleed as much when it is cool. Horse raddish gets to hot to eat when it warms up. Thanks for the post.

We halterbreak our foals during the winter, and scotch hobble and cut them in the spring, when the grass gets green. We hot brand them when we get around to it..... one of us holds the horse by his halter, the other 'sneaks' up and brands it. I don't bother covering their eyes either, doesn't seem to matter. Just rub the spot to be branded a bit with your hand first, sorta desensatises it a bit. Some don't even move after the initial flinch.

Latest posts