• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dally

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MsSage

Reaction score
I have been wanting a dog for a bit. Shoer was suppose to get me a pup but things didnt work out. This past week while he was here we went to the DAWGS in dalhart.
I wanted an older, calm, housebroken, cat friendly, snuggle friend.
We looked for over 3 hours.We had it down to 4 but they were pups and while loking at the 2 border collies we found another Aussie. She was in with 2 other dogs who kept pushing her out of the way anytime we got close.The lady got her out and she got as close to me as possible and sort of wrapped her leg around me in a hug.
We were told she couldnt tell us much since the dogs have all been shifted around and not in the right pens after the storms we have had....uugggg
She is spayed, about 5 years old , loves to lay on the couch watching movies, only growls at the cat when she is laying on my chest and the dog wants to be closer to me. She is housebroken, comes when called, I woudl say as close to perfect as you can get with a dog.
Her name is Dally and I will get pics on Tues when I am off.

On the way home shoer kept asking me what I was going to name her. I had NO IDEA he kept throughing names out and and I was no , naw, dont like that one. He said Dally and I asked why, she is from Dalhart so Dally.
I guess you could call her blue LOL she is mostly dappled...sorry not describing her very well.

MsSage said:
On the way home shoer kept asking me what I was going to name her. I had NO IDEA he kept throughing names out and and I was no , naw, dont like that one. He said Dally and I asked why, she is from Dalhart so Dally.
I guess you could call her blue LOL she is mostly dappled...sorry not describing her very well.

We had an Aussie I called Holly because we got her on our Holly-day. :D :D

OK here is a couple really quick shots I took of her. I will get better ones.

Dally-water-tank.jpg

You can see her one blue eye

Dally-tiptoeing.jpg

Tip toeing through the old horse pen that was WAY too small for 3 horses.
Waiting on it to dry out.....I will put dally in it while at work so she can run around.

Dally-mud-pit.jpg

OK does she have white spots or black spots? LOLDoes this consitute as a blue?

I went and looked at the queensland blue......she is still an aussie :wink: cuz they are also called austrailan cattle dogs, and a host of other names.
I guess breed is kinda like papers to me.....dogs cant read nor care where they came from.
Dally is still my sweet lil girl who like snuggling ...unless its snowing then she has to dig and bury something. Too funny when she was done covering whatever she burried she patted the snow down with her nose.

MsSage said:
I went and looked at the queensland blue......she is still an aussie :wink: cuz they are also called austrailan cattle dogs, and a host of other names.
I guess breed is kinda like papers to me.....dogs cant read nor care where they came from.
Dally is still my sweet lil girl who like snuggling ...unless its snowing then she has to dig and bury something. Too funny when she was done covering whatever she burried she patted the snow down with her nose.

They might both be from Germany but a Doberman is not a German Shepard. :roll:

She looks like a Blue Heeler to me, Ms. Sage, and we've had LOTS
of them. She's definitely not an Aussie, which is short for Australian Shepherd.

And she's blue.

And she's very attractive. You'll have a lot of fun with her,
and I bet she'll be very protective of you. Most of them are.
They are a breed I like very much.

Big Muddy rancher said:
She looks more Queensland Blue heeler then Australian Shepard :?

I agree...with maybe a little somethin else thrown in. Most of the time if someone refers to an Aussie, they are talkin about an Australian Shepard. Heelers are usually referred to as heelers. At least in these parts anyway.

I agree, JL, that she may have a bit of something else thrown in.
I can't tell for sure, but her tail isn't just quite right to be
a full-blood. But sometimes the ones with a bit of something
else are really good dogs. We've had full-bloods to half-bloods
to quarter bloods. Really liked them all, and I do like the
females better than the males.

I've noticed over the last number of years that people are referring to healers more and more as Australian Stock Dogs. What ever works I guess.
Good lookin' dog MsSage.

Best dog we ever had was a red heeler mutt mixture. I think he had some cur dog in him. Man he was good with the kids. Kept his eye on them whenever they were outside. And kept the cows at a safe distance from them when they were playin. He always kept coyotes ran off from the house. One mornin we couldn't find him. I knew the night before he'd been runnin coyotes, cuz I'd heard him. We eventually found him, up under the house with both back legs almost missing. He was in awful shape, so Mr Lilly put him down.

Ok...I hafta revise that. Best "Outside" dog we ever had. Cuz I just love my lil wiener dogs :D

thats sure nice to get a good friend sage. Austrailian Cattle Dog is the proper name for heelers now. I got scolded for arguing blues and reds one day, now I feel enlightened. But one that wont at least "exerise" a cat is just shameful :lol: thanks for the photos

A few folks around here also refer to healers as Australian Cattle dogs so it could be shortened to Aussie . :wink: She looks alot like Tia our family healer we had when I was a teen, she was a spca rescue dog when she was 3 months old and we nursed her through a very bad case of worms and distemper . To this day my dad compares every dog to her.

She is beautiful Ms Sage . Congrats and may you have many many happy years together.. :D

Latest posts