• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dam is breaking.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
A calf fell out 2 days ago. 16 days early but all is fine.

Our spring birds are back except the Sandhill cranes and Curlews. Weather is more like late April than March, hope everything knows what is going on.

We had a storm in Tuesday couldn't get a load of culls shipped because of the roads. Going next week with them. Been pretty nice here otherwise. we are still missing Killdeers and Gold Finches and probably the other warm weather birds. Come to think I haven't seen or heard a Meadow Lark yet.

Hey Dave you need any help this summer my hired man is wanting to go on a working vacation were about done haying when you start and he keeps bugging me to ask.He's pretty good help and he enjoys haying.

Mine are due to start today but I have 2 nice bulls already and a couple more girls look like they are going to hit today - - - I love a great start!

Denny said:
Hey Dave you need any help this summer my hired man is wanting to go on a working vacation were about done haying when you start and he keeps bugging me to ask.He's pretty good help and he enjoys haying.

Send him up Sept first. Our youngest has decided to get married on Sept 4 in Alberta. ( His girl decided the date) He can take over the crew while we're gone.

Big Muddy rancher said:
We had a storm in Tuesday couldn't get a load of culls shipped because of the roads. Going next week with them. Been pretty nice here otherwise. we are still missing Killdeers and Gold Finches and probably the other warm weather birds. Come to think I haven't seen or heard a Meadow Lark yet.

The missing meadowlarks are all here. Sitting in lawn chairs drinking ice water. Which apparently they brought with them. Hit 72F today. So dry a guy has to get primed just to spit.

Bruce said:
Water over the road here just the last 2 day's.
I don't put the longhandles away untill I see a robin...........

Robins are here. I don't put the longhandles away until I see new round bales.

Maybe not then either........

gcreekrch said:
Bruce said:
Water over the road here just the last 2 day's.
I don't put the longhandles away untill I see a robin...........

Robins are here. I don't put the longhandles away until I see new round bales.

Maybe not then either........

Like you Canadians weren't born without longhandles? :roll: :D :D I always thought it was a "til death do you part" type of thing. I am quite proud of that and am snickering myself silly!

I turned the bull in June 20th last year and as such my chart says I should expect the first calf March 31st - - - 4 Bulls and 2 heifers on the ground so far 33% of my calving done prior to the supposed start ( still have 12 to go ) . Been cold here but warmth is supposed to be here by Monday if you can believe the weatherman.

Now waiting for a litter of silver gray German Shepherds - - - due March 31st as well - - - she sure looks ready to pop any moment!

Sadie had 6 pups on March 31st - - - right on time!

I now have 8 bull calves and 2 heifer calves and they were not supposed to start till the 31st - - - eight more to go, if the vet was right 7 of them are real close and 1 is about 30 days out - - - we will see.

This is the first time in about 10 years I have had no hat to carry over - - - One bale lot completely empty and only about 10 bales left at the south farm to bring home,

I let the cows with newborns and the heifers I kept back clean up the lot.

Bale%20lot%20empty%204-2-15_zpszptphn2w.jpg
[/url][/img]

George said:

I now have 8 bull calves and 2 heifer calves and they were not supposed to start till the 31st - - - eight more to go, if the vet was right 7 of them are real close and 1 is about 30 days out - - - we will see.

This is the first time in about 10 years I have had no hat to carry over - - - One bale lot completely empty and only about 10 bales left at the south farm to bring home,

The pups are growing like weeds as well - - - 4 little girls and 2 boys

This is Sadie 2 days prior to delivery

This is her with pups

George said:
George said:

This is the first time in about 10 years I have had no hay to carry over - - - One bale lot completely empty and only about 10 bales left at the south farm to bring home,

The pups are growing like weeds as well - - - 4 little girls and 2 boys

This is Sadie 2 days prior to delivery

This is her with pups

Latest posts