• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Damn rain!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
It could stop anytime now!!! :mad: We have second-cut alfalfa and greenfeed oats laying on the ground, and we'd like to start harvesting sometime this year!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Geez, enough already till next year!

I know what you mean Shelley. Although we're not getting much rain, we've been dodging showers for weeks. Can't get two days baling in a row. And at the speed greenfeed drys in this part of the world,who knows if we'll ever get it. I hate the thoughts of wrapping it all. :?

Take it your getting your rain Shelly? We havent had a rain for quite a while but the dews are so heavy its hard to get strated early and work late. Calling for rain tomorrrow here. Crops are no hell here but we still have to take them off. Barley that we ve got combined didnt yield 20 bushels per acre. Kind of a let down.

We fought with showers all last week, and now it looks like it's going to settle in here for at least two days. I told the husband not to bother second cutting anything but he wouldn't listen. And Silver, you're right about greenfeed, takes forever! And when you're trying to get crops off at the same time.......The only crop that was ready to go was peas, everything else is just staying quite a bit on the green side. We need some heat to turn them. It's going to be a loooong harvest, hope the weather holds when it does turn around for the better!

Shelly said:
We fought with showers all last week, and now it looks like it's going to settle in here for at least two days. I told the husband not to bother second cutting anything but he wouldn't listen. And Silver, you're right about greenfeed, takes forever! And when you're trying to get crops off at the same time.......The only crop that was ready to go was peas, everything else is just staying quite a bit on the green side. We need some heat to turn them. It's going to be a loooong harvest, hope the weather holds when it does turn around for the better!

Has rained here just about everyday for the last month. Those little "popcorn" showers in the afternoon make haying impossble. At least we have some heat.

I have loaned my tedder out a dozen times in the past few weeks.

Raining here too, can't get the rest of my hay even cut!! Today theres heavy rainfall warnings and Southern Alta chance of SNOW :mad: I'm central Alta

All you guys cussing the rain please send it my way. Have had less then an inch and a quarter since the first of July.

TXTibbs said:
yeah listen to em...only a canadian would bitch about the rain! :lol:

Well, the worst of it is that it's just adding insult to injury; it didn't rain all spring when we actually needed it. :mad:
I guess that's why they call this 'next year' country. :wink:

Now there's a thought...... Raining again today! :mad: Oh well, a bunch of us are meeting at the bar tonight to say bye to our favorite bartender/waitress. Should be a good time. Too wet to do anything else, might as well tie one on! :)

I'm enviouse of you guys. We have lived here for 20 yrs and I can not remember ever of having too much rain. It's so dry here we are cutting our corn for silage again.

cowsense said:
Hey....if it keeps raining maybe we all can go to Deadwood....could be dangerous :!: :wink: :twisted:

I sure don't see how a fine bunch of folks from Canada could be any problem for anyone down here. :lol:

You've got to remember that we just got done playing host to 500,000 bikers or so and shoot we didn't hardly kill any or anything. :lol:

I can't believe 10 or so Canadians could be as much of a hassle! :lol:

And I'm sure we'd enjoy the company better! :lol:

So come a runnin'! :D

:mad: :mad: :mad: STILL RAINING... and honestly if i could i'd send to you guys that are beggin fof it.. also SNOWED in Banff yesterday 8)

Got enough rain to probably shut down combining for the day- not enough to get the ground wet...At least we have gotten in 2 good days of cutting-only a couple hundred acres of wheat left to cut- then its on to the flax, which may have to wait for a frost, since last weeks inch of rain has started green stuff in it......

Still showering and suppossed to turn to rain for another day :lol: my greenfeed is still growing and our hayfields will have lots of fall grazing :lol: . I promised thru 4 years of drought that I wouldn't ever bitch about toooo much rain again and it's one of the few resolutions I may ever keep!

If it stays wet....may have to consider Deadwood......the dangerous part could be if Northern Rancher, Shelley and others decide to join the BMR's and attend. Could be awful hard on the health :!: :wink: :twisted:

Boy if we were a couple weeks later this would be turning to snow I'm sure-horses are even humped up were over an inch today already. Ty just headed out for football practice that should be a Tide commercial in the making. Rain or shine I'm gonna have to pass on Deadwood just too full a plate right now. P.S. Don't try and cheat on the 'quick draw' machine there or it will call you names lol.

Latest posts