• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DANG! Almost

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
Well, I just found out 8 days ago that the place I was expecting to buy sold. I've been on it for 16 years as my primary wintering place. The owners always said they want me to buy it. I almost had it done about 5 years ago. But, a major meat shop shorted me almost $50K and it put that on hold.

The owner always said he wanted me to buy it and not worry. He lives next to it and seemed to not want it broke up into pieces with new neighbors. He aid a contractor came by and offered him more than he could refuse. I was in a state of shock and am not sure if they have closed. He did say he told the contractor he needed to give me a year on it.

We talked in October and he wanted to visit me in February about replacing a pump for irrigation. My plan was to finalize a deal this spring. I never vocalized it enough as I didn't feel comfortable saying anything until I was actually ready to make a down payment.

I put a lot of fencing that should last 30 years on the place the last 2 years. I even bought some haying equipment I never planned on owning because of some solid set he put in.

I've been an Irish Nomad in this cattle deal. I came into it with no money and nothing inherited. I didn't marry into it either. I have fought and scraped and clawed for everything. So, I am used to these deals. They just aren't ever any fun.... Looking for the next chapter...

Sorry about the crappy deal.

Anyone that's trying to establish a niche or a local market should say "thanks" for you passing along the fact that you got taken, re. the 50K you were shorted, and to be damn careful it doesn't happen to them. That's a lot of premium lost when you're trying to put something together. Of course getting screwed over can happen many other ways.

Latest posts