• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dang It

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Clarence

Reaction score
I just ran my pen and my tally book through the washing machine. Nothing left except the cover. Now I have some shirts with pretty red spots on them. That's a subject cowboy poets can write about, has probably happened to nearly everyone.

can't help the tally book but maybe if the ink was ballpoint, spray it with hairspray (I'm sure YOU have some around the house :wink: and put it through the washer. It works best if the shirt hasn't gone thru the dryer but it might help. maybe...
If it doesn't you can use the spray for a new bouffant hairdo :lol:

BMR.........After meeting Clarence I think his can of hair spray might be 30 years old..
man... your one mean son-of- a gun :D :D :D

Oh Clarence,
I did the same thing to Roscoes' book too. We dried it out, but the ink was smudged real bad.. Everything was lost that he kept in there. What corn was planted where and how many acres.. parts and numbers. Cows and calves what was what and what it looked like...There is nothing worse than losing the information written in those tally books. The only thing I can think of that would come close is losing your favorite recipe...

This past spring when hauling cows and calves to grass-I was using a clip board with paper and pen-- well thought I had it far enough under the fence so the calves would not check it out--well no I did not. THis was a group of about 100 prs and this was toward the end of the day(who knows what else I did) so had lots of info on it- and they ate the paper-left the board and pen. LUcky I could go back in the calving date book and get numbers that went to certain pastures that day. No one else around here knows of my little error. Oh well---

I'm patiently waiting for all of our cowboy poet buddies out there, (hint..hint...sw...jinglebob....come on!!) to write about your woes!!! :wink: :wink:

ranchwife said:
I'm patiently waiting for all of our cowboy poet buddies out there, (hint..hint...sw...jinglebob....come on!!) to write about your woes!!! :wink: :wink:

Saddle Tramp already has, as have lots of others who I've heard. I personally don't use one anymore. I write it all on the calender. But then, I don't ear tag either.

Latest posts