• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dang

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
This came from a cow I bought, and to be honest I knew there was a good possibility this could happen from a few of these cows. I guess this would be a "terminal cross". Fortunately its a steer. :D

Blackcalf.jpg

Faster horses said:
Too bad it's a bull, Silver. "Once you go black, you'll never go back." :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :wave:

huh, don't think so :wink:

Silver, did you say you bought some black bulls?? What were you thinking?

VB RANCH said:
say, you should buy more of um
anybody that can get a steer born right
from the cow's got somethin going

Wouldn't that claim to fame belong to Limo breeders? (All butts, no nuts) :wink:

VB RANCH said:
say, you should buy more of um
anybody that can get a steer born right
from the cow's got somethin going

He was a steer with 2 hrs of being born, and before I posted the picture. Therefore I correctly called him a steer in my post.

Nicky said:
Faster horses said:
Too bad it's a bull, Silver. "Once you go black, you'll never go back." :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :wave:

Heaven fordid Nicky! :shock: :lol: No, I bought 20 cows last fall and I knew 3 of them were bred black. But I figured I'd take my lumps this year and get them bred the way I prefer for next year.

Silver said:
Nicky said:
Faster horses said:

Heaven fordid Nicky! :shock: :lol: No, I bought 20 cows last fall and I knew 3 of them were bred black. But I figured I'd take my lumps this year and get them bred the way I prefer for next year.

Didn't you write this on the other thread?
Just bought a pair of yrlg bulls private deal for $2,000 ea. Fine looking bulls too (as far as Angus go ), and looking at the mothers and sire made the deal look even better. When asked why he was priced where he was the seller just said that was what he always sold them for.
Got another pair coming in the next few weeks we paid $2500 ea. for. Angus x Simmie. They come from an outstanding herd and we have bought several their over the years that have done very well for us.

Nicky said:
Silver said:
Nicky said:

Didn't you write this on the other thread?
Just bought a pair of yrlg bulls private deal for $2,000 ea. Fine looking bulls too (as far as Angus go ), and looking at the mothers and sire made the deal look even better. When asked why he was priced where he was the seller just said that was what he always sold them for.
Got another pair coming in the next few weeks we paid $2500 ea. for. Angus x Simmie. They come from an outstanding herd and we have bought several their over the years that have done very well for us.

I did, I guess I should have specified Red Angus. In these parts "Angus" doesn't necessarily infer black cattle. Is it different elsewhere?
We try to keep a bit of RA influence on the herd.... the trick is not getting too much :wink:
Did I just commit blasphemy? :shock: :lol:

Oh good, I feel much better!! :) Here angus pretty much means black angus. Don't know about everywhere else.

Latest posts