• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dark Day!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
One of my most favorite Oilers of all time-Jason Smith- got traded for a SWEDE-the apocalypse is truly upon us. Kudos to the Flames for tieing up Iggy that was some good business.

Oh yeah, I feel your pain.

Hey, speaking of Swedes, do you want Sundin? Well why not, he's not THAT old! Just awfully streaky. O.K., we'll keep him in To. :)

He might be expendable for the Leafs with the signing of Jason Blake. Wow, Blake and Tucker on the same line, what a duo that would make. Pure fire!

What, you just blow a tire or sumpin? :lol2: :lol2:

I don't care where he's from, it takes a big man to get him off that puck when he's going around behind the net pulling the puck along the endboards with one hand on his stick while he's holding the defender(s) off with his other arm.

After ten years of hearing the Maple Leafs whine and cry that it's not Matt's it's his wingers I could just puke. One thing the big lug will never drape his arm around is Lord Stanley that's for sure. The Leafs need more players like Wendal Clark and Doug Gilmour-why they don't get rid of that big pile of useless Andropov is beyond me-guess they don't like playing hockey whenm the grass is green lol.

Well, buddy, now that you've gone and said all that, you have prolly broken the jinx and now THIS IS THE YEAR!

I can't disagree about the big pouty Russkie although he's the kind of player that would likely suddenly turn into a powerhouse if he got traded, which I wish he would.

Problem is, the Leafs don't have to put out a real contender to fill Maple Leaf Gardens. Tickets to a game are hard to get in the regular season - playoff seats are insane.

And before you start on about it, yes, they have seen a few playoff games over the years! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :nod:

They need some competition for ticket marketshare. It would likely have made the Leafs a better team if Ballsille(sp?) had actually pulled off a purchase and moved the Penguins or Predators to Hamilton.

Ah so, always a bridesmaid, never the bride.

Well now that Kevin Lowe has turned into Edmonyton's answer to Harry Sinden I can't see many great days ahead for the 'Oil-gritty tough Canadian boys win you the cup not Europeans and we just traded our heart and soul for another one. I actually went to a game in the old Gardens and it was awesome for sure.

Latest posts