• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Darkest before the dawn

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MsSage

Reaction score
I moved this weekend. I had only Sat to get everything done since it was suppose to snow today (Sunday) I worked from 5 am till after 11:30 pm but I got it done. OK I have a couple plasticv boxes sitting out in the falling snow BUT I cant go any farther.

I did this all alone I didnt feel right asking anyone to help ...I know stupid.
I woke up so many times last night I really didnt get any sleep last night.
All I wanted was a cup of cocoa ...nope couldnt find it had to settle for a cup of tea NO creamer :?
I had a 18 foot stock trailer and the bed of my truck to unload.....as I said I have a couple boxes left I couldnt finish. I came back in and got so upset ...couldnt find anything...it was SNOWING AGAIN....one cat ( my cuddle bunny) was acting weird.....finding things wrong with this old house.....tripping over boxes...starting to feel I made the BIGGEST mistake of my life......took a shower....cried myself to sleep ..woke up and went to work cleaning kitchen....found a few items I needed....start4ed to find more things .....making supper....having a nice glass of sweet NC wine...knowing its going to be hard but the right move for shoer and I ps he told me he was proud of me for doing all this alone. God I have done my best and have tried NOT telling him all the troubles since I know he is snowed in Rodchester NY and if he could he would be here.

Sorry for the rant or whatever you want to call it but once I stopped looking at the wrong that was going on and asked God to tell me if I did the right thing things turned around.

dont tell shoer about the new recliner he has waiting on him.....I told him they were too expensive and he would have to wait .... :wink:

MsSage,

Know the feeling that you are talking about with the uncertainty of your decision. It most certainly is the darkest before the dawn. I have been in your shoes and it's pretty stressful. You just stay tough and it's all going to work out real well. Time has a way doing that.

HP

Woke up this morning to about 3 inches of snow and it was still snowing LOL oh well. Good thing it has all melted ...now if it would dry up a bit.
I have been busy putting boxes in right rooms and even emptied about 5. I even put pictures up starting to look like home.
Sad note bugs my oldest cat must have gotten out last night with all the in and out I did and is no where to be found......Cotton has been going all over meowing looking for her. She will come back when she is ready.

I moved about 35 miles North of Dalhart right on the texas line LOL
Its a small town of about 511 people. Its an OLD house needs lots of TLC but has a fenced in pasture of 4 acres, one side yard is a bit over half an acre perfect for apple trees and on the other side has the house and 2 fences for planting raspberry bushes.
It will be all mine in 12 years wwwhhooooo.
Now to get shoer home to have a look around and put him to work....

Sounds kinda like the deal I walked into a couple of years ago, although I know this place will never be mine........it's already in dad's will that way. But, it's a place to be for now, till something better comes along, and I'm thankful for it!

Hang in there, like everyone told me, you do a few things of your own and it'll start feeling more like home. Best wishes! *hugs*

Latest posts