• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DARN DEER! I took this out my kitchen window.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Mr. FH put up a temporary fence around my flowers out front (only took 5 years and several replantings 😆 ) and it's a good thing he did.
Plus we had a young bear stoll by yesterday.

Attachments

• 20210703_134411.jpg
    20210703_134411.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
I don't have any hanging out right now. But there are two old apple trees in the yard when the apples are falling out they come in on shifts. It is normal to see 30-40 deer within a couple hours.

Attachments

• PB102239.JPG
    PB102239.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 45
I have only ever seen one white tail here. A single doe. There are supposed to be some down by the cement plant. That is 7-8 miles from here.

Where we used to live we had mule deer on our deck eating my wife's flowers and looking in the window at us. They would jump up on the deck of my parked bale truck to eat the alfalfa leaves that fell off the bale.
Used to have to shut the barn door to keep the deer out.
When we fead the cattle the deer and the cows knew the sound of my truck and would all come gather to get fead. Elk where almost as bad but they would wait until they thought I left before they would feed. Course with the elk this was always after hunting season.
Those mule deer I used to be able to almost touch. Friends visiting could not understand why the wildlife was so tame and the cows so wild.

Latest posts