• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Daughter's calf show

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Almost forgot to brag up my daughter. She's nine and had her first calf show last Saturday - the Heart City Progress Show in Valentine. Her steer, Black Baxter, ended up Grand Champion. He's out of a Simmy x Angus cow and composite bull called Heat Wave. We thought she had the best heifer there, too, but the judge liked shorthorns better (he sure got stupid after making a good call on the steers :lol: )

Anyway, we'll see how things go at Cherry County fair in a couple of weeks. This has been a good project for her and I'm sure glad she has fallen into something that takes up her time and teaches a little work and responsibility. I was afraid she was going to be a princess, but now I can't keep her out of the calf barn.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Good for your daughter. Girls can be very competative and can go a long way showing. Guess you will have to wear the TIARA in the family. :wink:

If she keeps winning, I'll wear the tiara and sparkly pumps as well!

Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Good for your daughter. Girls can be very competative and can go a long way showing. Guess you will have to wear the TIARA in the family. :wink:

You Go Girl :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sandhusker said:

We want to see that on your Avatar :D

I'm both praying and hoping she keeps winning!

I want to see the pic, when it's all done! :D :D :D

Sandhusker said:
Almost forgot to brag up my daughter. She's nine and had her first calf show last Saturday - the Heart City Progress Show in Valentine. Her steer, Black Baxter, ended up Grand Champion. He's out of a Simmy x Angus cow and composite bull called Heat Wave. We thought she had the best heifer there, too, but the judge liked shorthorns better (he sure got stupid after making a good call on the steers :lol: )

Anyway, we'll see how things go at Cherry County fair in a couple of weeks. This has been a good project for her and I'm sure glad she has fallen into something that takes up her time and teaches a little work and responsibility. I was afraid she was going to be a princess, but now I can't keep her out of the calf barn.

Sandhusker,post a few pictures of the little lady with her steer............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Sandhusker said:

Sandhusker,post a few pictures of the little lady with her steer............good luck

Yea Haymaker has dated lots of guys wearing a Tiara and Sparkly pumps. :wink:

Sandhusker,
Congratulations on daughter. It is always fine to brag on a daughter. :D

Now just for clarification, will you be wearing those sparkly pumps and tiara to the Get-together?? If so, no nametag required.

Congrats Sandhusker!!!!!!!!!!

Almost went shorthand, but even tho your initials are SH, well, nuff said....I think he to would have to say this win is a show of hard work on her part...

I'm partial to Sim x Angus cattle too

Pat

Sandhusker said:

Hey, Sandhusker - ALL daughters who 'see the liight' and end up with responsibility are princesses. And it takes a pretty cool King to lead them to that conclusion! Anything that is worth doing - - is worth doing " for a PURPOSE!"

Latest posts