• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dawn of a cool day.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

EmptyPockets

Reaction score
This morning was cold Feb. morning. It was -13 with a southeast wind of 15-20.

An old rancher once told me that no matter which direction that south east wind is out of, it's always COLD! I'll be the first to vouch for that.

Looks are deceiving. I thought it was a warm looking sunrise, then I stepped outside and met that south wind, brrrrr!

DSC02632.jpg
[/img]

I've been playing around with different camera settings and wound up with some neat pics. Here are a few. Good thing the wildlife was patient and let me try different settings.

A couple of earlier sunsets.

[/img]
DSC02361.jpg
DSC02356.jpg

[/img]
DSC02354.jpg

Just a plain old fashioned sunset pic.

DSC02341.jpg

Last night's sunset, a little different. Must have meant a change in the temps?

[/img]
DSC02621.jpg

I agree...we got that cold ole southeast wind also...we didn't have the pretty sunrise like you did, but we did have some sundogs...I tried to get a picture but they didn't turn out. Kind of funny seeing a straight up and down rainbow this time of year, but it's still neat..I sure enjoyed all your sun/sillouttte pictures...thanks

Nicky said:
Beautiful pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing them :) What kind of camera do you have?

I have an older Sony DSC H5, old cause it's a year old and outdated by now I'm sure.

Jassy, I've been trying to get some sun dog pictures also, and it's really tough. Hard to get the true colors. I've only one good rainbow shot with this camera also. I'm sure there's a setting on it I haven't quite figured out ....yet.

Jigger Boss, I'm sure after all that snow melts you'll have have some good water running pics and green grass. Looking forwards to them.

TTB---Was up thru your country last month. It sure looks good up there. Ponds full, stackyards with a lot of hay, I think I'll start calling that country "paradise". :wink:

Mine is a Sony DSC-H7, I love it. I wouldn't worry about your's being old...you seem to get along it with it very well!

Latest posts